56. Breaking Point

Lovebomb/ Bronn out now!

''How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers.'' Viserys demanded as a maester tended to Aemond. Aislynn weapt out unable to control herself.

''The princes were supposed to be abed, My King.'' Harrold told him

''Who had the watch?'' Viserys spat

''Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace.'' Criston reminded him.

''You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!'' Viserys shouted in outrage.

''I'm very sorry, Your Grace.'' Harrold told him.

''The Kings guard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace.'' Criston remarked.

''That is no answer!'' Viserys spat.

''It will heal, will it not, maester?' Aislynn offered through a shaky breath. She held tight to Aemonds hand.

'The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Maester Kelvyn remarked solemnly.

''Where were you?'' Aislynn whispered "why were you out of bed my love?"

"I was getting a dragon." Aemond answered.

''What is the meaning of this?'' Corlys demanded as him and his wife came in to see a bloody mess.

''Baela, Rhaena!'' Rhaenys declared ''What happened?'' Rhaenyra ran to her boys.

"Where were you?" Harwin questioned seeing daemon enter behind her.

''What happened? Jace? Luke! Show me. Show me.'' Rhaenyra demanded holding his face in her hands. ''Who did this?''

''They attacked me!' Aemond spat

''He attacked Baela!''

''He broke Luke's nose!'' they were all shouting contradicting statements.

''He stole my mother's dragon!'' Rhaena shouted.

"Were you with daemon?" Harwin questioned incredulously.

"Can we not discuss this now?" Rhaenyra sassed.

''Enough.'' Viserys said but they didn't stop.

''He was gonna kill Jace!'' Luke shouted back.

''I didn't do anything!'' Aemond shot back his eye sewed up a long stitch over his left eye. 

''Enough...'' Viserys said louder

''It should be my son telling the tale! He called us...''

''Silence!'' Viserys demanded his cane pounding into the ground.

"My sweet baby boy," aislynn sobbed out. Tommy moved to her side holding her as she cried.

''This interminable infighting must cease! All of you! We are family! Now make your apologies and show good will to one another. Your father, your grand sire, your king demands it!'' Viserys shouted he was done with this.

''That is insufficient. Aemond has been damaged, permanently, viserys." Aislynns voice cracked as she spoke "Good will" she hissed "cannot make him whole.'' Aislynn reminded him another shaky breath left her lungs.

''I know, Aislynn, but I cannot restore his eye.'' Viserys told her with a deep sigh

''No, because it's been taken.'' Aislynn reminded him

''What would you have me do?'' Viserys questioned incredulously.

''There is a debt to be paid. I want... I want..." aislynn hesitated. She looked to her children her aemond so brave.

''My dear wife.'' Viserys offered. "It is done."

''He is your son, Viserys. Your blood.'' Aislynn remarked. "Something must be done. Some punishment."

''Do not... allow your temper to guide your judgment.'' Viserys warned as the onlookers started to murmur.

''Where is duty? Where is sacrifice?'' Aislynn whispered. Rhaenyra stared back at her through pursed lips. ''And now you take my son's eye, and to even that, you feel entitled.''

"Aislynn it is done." Viserys declared.

"You will do nothing?" Aislynn realized.

"It is done." Viserys agreed but aislynn shook her head. Nothing was done until she got blood.

''Do not mourn me, Mother. It was a fair exchange. I may have lost an eye... but I gained a dragon.'' Aemond said stepping forward.

''This proceeding is at an end.'' Viserys warned.

"Tommy". Aislynn rasped as the room cleared out. "I want an eye for an eye." Aislynn realized . "I want rhaenyras eye." Tommy kissed her temple assuring her it would be done. Aislynn didn't scream. Didn't make a scene. Rhaenyra glared back at them as aislynn cradled aemond to her. "My sweet baby boy". Aislynn whispered kissing him gently.

"Its okay mama. I got a dragon rememeber?"

"Oh my baby". Aislynn sobbed.

Aislynn couldnt sleep she waited until her children were tucked away before finding tommy. He held her as she cried her eyes out.

Aislynn had grown to love viserys but this was their breaking point. She wanted him dead as well.

So she lay plotting and schemeing. Night after night tommy lay beside her kissing her gently until she came up with the perfect solution.

Kill them all.