17. Lizzie

"I wont be gone long."

"You are pregnant." Viserys corrected.

"I know that." Aislynn reminded him. "But its my brothers secret wedding. I have to be there. I love my family unlike you."

"Oh you," viserys chuckled back.

"Me." Aislynn agreed kissing his cheek.

"I want to come with you," viserys decided and aislynn smiled.

"You do?"

"Or Have the wedding in the capital." Viserys suggested.

"Really? That would be okay?"

"Aislynn what did you tell me day one of being married?" Viserys mused.

"Remind me," aislynn mused.

"You are in charge." Viserys informed her.

"Im glad you see that." Aislynn agreed. "Then i suppose my brother is having his wedding here. Now I just have to trick john."

"Aislynn, she seems like a sweet girl. John will like her... she will be related to the queen who wouldnt be happy about that." Otto offered.

"Which is why you are going to get all johns former girls coming out of the woodwork." Aislynn informed him.

+

"Lizzie!" Tommy shouted.

"I dont like this." Aislynn murmured.

"Hello, Lizzie?" Tommy said stopping the carriage beside her. "That bag looks heavy. Jump in!"

"It is." Lizzie agreed.

"Hi, I'm Aislynn, This is my future targaryen nugget." She introduced putting a hand on her stomach. Lizzie smiled back at them. "You like kids?"

"Yeah." Lizzie agreed.

"Good, because John's got four of them." Aislynn reminded her. Lizzie stared at them confused.

"It's all right, I'm not going to try to talk you out of it. I just want to talk." Tommy added.

"Then you're against us?" Lizzie questioned.

"John is his own man. And you're your own woman." Aislynn assured.

"Now, Lizzie, since Arthur and I came back from Dorne, He has come to you on many occasions." Tommy remarked and Aislynn scrunched her face up.

"You are too pretty for whores." Aislynn assured him.

"Not me. Arth." Tommy assured.

"Tommy, you didn't tell him?" Lizzie questioned nervously, she clutched her bag closer to her.

"No, I didn't tell him. Arthur either. Just like you didn't tell him." Tommy assured. "Now, why didn't you tell him, Lizzie? Why didn't you tell him that you've been serving his brother for the past two years?"

"Because the past is the past. I don't want to lose him. He's a good man." Lizzie told them.

"That was the answer I was hoping you'd give. The past is the past." Aislynn agreed. "Everyone gets a second chance."

"You see, our john says you've changed. And I believe him, and that's good." Tommy agreed. "Change is good. These are new times I'm told. So I wish you both every happiness. And I want you to see that as my wedding gift to you and our farewell to pleasures gone by."

"You mean... One last time?" Lizzie questioned glancing to Aislynn.

"One last time." Tommy agreed and Aislynn knew it was a test she would kill him. "You and me. It's eight bloody pounds. So where should we go? After I drop Amoret back off that is." Tommy remarked nodding to Aislynn as he handed off the coin.

"Tommy, should we go to my lodging?" Lizzie offered.

"So the past is not the past." Tommy mused and Lizzie tensed. "You can keep the money, Lizzie, just get out of the carriage."

"Tommy, please!" Lizzie begged as he pulled the horses to a stop.

" Just get out."

"I love him, Tommy, really. Really." Lizzie whimpered.

"John will make his own decision. But he will have the facts." Aislynn added.

"Your brother is ten times the man you are." Lizzie shouted at Tommy.

"Of that I have no doubt." Tommy agreed as he slapped the reigns.

"I think you are great man. Until I thought you were fucking whores." Aislynn tsked.

"Says the married woman. Pregnant with another mans kid." Tommy countered.

+

"I want to borrow the carriage. I want to take Lizzie for a ride in the country with the kids. I'm going to celebrate getting the license." John remarked. Aislynn looked to her father as he huffed out a breath.

"Not a problem, john." Tommy assured. "But... Look, john, you're my brother. There's something I have to tell you." John nodded sitting beside Alicent. "Yesterday, in the front seat of that carriage, I offered Lizzie some money..." John stared back at Tommy. "And, john, she said yes. Now that's a fact. You do with it what you want." John blinked back at him as Aislynn leaned into John on the couch.

"You can take the carriage, take Lizzie to the country. Marry her, if you want. But you have to know... She said yes." Tommy remarked.

"She did." Aislynn confirmed. "I'm sorry John."

+

"Bloody hell, john." Aislynn muttered.

"I couldn't get it lit. Couldn't even do that." John hissed.

"What do you want to be smoking that for?" Tommy countered.

"Same reason as you. Pain in the head." John offered. "I spoke to Lizzie. Told her what you told me. She said, Your brother Tommy is a dirty liar. And then I spoke to her sister and her cousin. I bought them a couple of drinks." John remarked through gritted teeth. "Just a few regulars, they said. That's all. To keep the wolf from the door she still sees a couple of regulars. You must think I'm an idiot!" John shouted and Aislynn looked to him.

"I think you're the first Hightower in history to have a legal license for anything besides myself." Otto corrected.

"Ummm queen." Aislynn corrected pointing a finger at herself.

"What would our grandad say, eh? He'd be turning in his grave." John shouted out. "Honest bloody money!" he groaned running his hands over his face as Aislynn ran a hand over his back.

"Come on, go to bed. Get some sleep." Aislynn suggested.

"I got the kids tonight." Arthur assured. John gave him a pointed look.

"I got the kids." Aislynn assured.

"We've got a big day tomorrow." Otto declared.

"We have?" John countered.

"Tomorrow, we finish the war with the Lees for once and for all." Tommy agreed.

"Since when?" John countered

"Since just now." Otto agreed.

"Ten o'clock, tomorrow. Be ready for anything." Tommy agreed.

"He's gonna be pissed." Aislynn murmured once he was gone.