12. Laced in Glitter

Red /Otto Hightower out now!

Aislynns wedding was over the top. Of course it was. She planned everything. She only wanted to get married once and she was going to have everything just the way she wanted it.

She had two to three outfit changes planned and four new heels to go with her outfit changes but for walking down the aisle she had rose engraved thin as a toothpick heels that made her calves pop and an elegant lacy White dress woven in streaks of glitter.

(Pretend they are white 👠)

"Look!" Aislynn lay back on the couch and lifted her legs up showing off her heels

"Cute!" Alicent agreed.

"Sexy." Tommy corrected.

"So pretty mama". Finn remarked touching her dress. "You look like a princess".

"She is going to be the queen. Our little Amoret. "Arthur remarked. "A queen. " She tossed her hair over her shoulder. Tommy looked sick. They had been getting rid of suitors and matches for years for Aislynn but now she was going to be married to the king. Tommy didnt like the idea of sharing her with anyone. Not the king. Not the realms. Everyone would want a piece of queen Aislynn Hightower now.

John and Arthur kissed her cheeks. Aislynn pressed a long loving kiss to Finns forehead before sending them off to finish getting ready themselves. Tommy kissed the corner of her lips before resting his forehead against hers.

"You are going to be the most beautiful bride". Tommy whispered against her lips. "To bad its to the wrong man". She kissed him quickly while alicent was trying on some of Aislynns jewelry.

"I love you Tommy". Aislynn whispered her thumb drawing down over his lip.

"I love you Aislynn" he echoed. "Dont fall in love with him". He begged kissing gently along her face.

"Its missing something". Alicent decided. Tommy pulled back from aislynn excusng himself. Alicent pulled the ribbon from Aislynns vanity and wrapped it around her waist. "To remind you thar you are always a Hightower." Aislynn smiled down at the delicate green ribbon.

"Perfect." Aislynn agreed. There was a knock on the door and they both expected their father but rhaenyra entered.

"Aislynn... Alicent... you look beautiful Aislynn." Rhaenyra remarked softly as she closed the door behind her.

"Thank you". Aislynn answered. "You look lovely Rhaenyra." She touched the bodice of her dress. "I know this is weird but-" rhaenyra moved to her and Alicent took a hesitant step back. Aislynns lips closed as she waited for Rhaenyra to make a move. But rhaenyra surprised them both and hugged her. Aislynn wrapped her arms around Rhaenyra and smiled.

"You have always been family Aislynn. Its going to be weird but... I hope you can make my father happy." Rhaenyra remarked.

"I hope so to." Aislynn agreed.

"You will make a beautiful queen". Rhaenyra added.

"Thank you. "

"Knock, knock- oh Aislynn my love you look stunning". Otto declared moving to her. "You all look beautiful... is that your mothers dress Alicent?"

"Yes." She agreed. Otto smiled tucking her hair behind her ear.

"So beautiful my girls are". Otto declared. Alicent hugged tight to him as Aislynn fixed her hair one last time.

"Are we all ready for this shindig?" Aislynn questioned  

"Might I have a moment alone before we head down?" Otto questioned.  Alicent and Rhaenyra hooked arms and headed out. Otto moved to aislynn kissing her temple. "Aislynn... you look like a queen."

"Thank you daddy."

"I... i am sorry if I... that I... you know I just wanted what was best for the family. For the future."

"I know. I know daddio but as the woman of the household and the realms after tonight it is my job to protect my family when you are blind. Its okay. Im glad i got to Alicent before you fucked things up for her." Aislynn assured. "And im also glad that he chose me."

"You are? Truly?"

"Truly." Aislynn agreed. "Now that I have the crown in sight its all I can think about". Aislynn informed him. Of course she wasnt truly excited about the king yet otto chuckled she was excited for the power. She was more like Otto than she would admit.

+

Otto turned aislynn to him before the doors opened and looked at her again.

"My daughter. The queen". Otto said breathessly. "Stunning you are Aislynn". He kissed her head wiping at his eyes. He swore to himself he wasnt going to cry. "I cant believe you are going to be married". Otto remarked choking back a sob. "I thought this day would never come. "

"Me neither". Aislynn admitted. "Im glad you are walking me down the aisle... dont let go."

"Never". Otto agreed.

"Im glad you are hand. I dont think I could survive the capital without you here. Knowing you have my back."

"Always. Im always going to be here for you my dearest". Otto agreed.

"After mother passed I know things were hard for you and... im sorry if I-"

"You stepped up when i was falling apart. You held this family together". Otto assured. "We would have fallen apart a long time ago without you."

"You are stronger than you know father. I looked up to you so much when I was little and now im going to enjoy watching my children grow up knowing their grandsire is looking out for them too. Protecting them. Like you did my siblings and I. Thank you daddio. For being here for me. " aislynn remarked and otto held to her as she blinked away tears. He didnt want to let her go.

"Shall we get you wed before we are both sobbing messes?" Otto pondered after composing himself.

"Yes."

All eyes turned to aislynn as she walked down the aisle. She was a vision to behold.