Chapter 44

Dinner was awkward. I was relieved it was over, and we were back home. After putting the boys to bed, I got comfortable in my own bed and texted GiGi. She'd just finished having dinner with Javier. I was glad at least one of us had a good dinner.

GiGi wanted to know what happened, but I'd told her I'd fill her and Lexi in on everything tomorrow. Tristan went out for a late night jog to clear his head. And after he comes back, he's going to need me.

If I can stay up, that is. It's been an exhausting day. I plugged my phone up to the charger and tried my best to stay awake. I even read a little bit of a book. Every time I'd start to nod off, my eyes would fly open, and my head would jolt up.

Yawning, I closed the book I was reading and decided to lay my head on my pillow. I had told myself I was just going to rest my eyes. Somewhere a long the way, resting my eyes turned into me falling asleep for the night.

Then I felt the bed dip, and I was awake again. Tristan had his shirtless back to me while he stared off into space. He said nothing. Just stared and sat in silence.

"Baby?" I whispered in concern.

"I didn't mean to wake you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I was trying to wait up for you anyway."

He finally got into bed with me. His amber eyes were full of thought, something clearly on his mind. As tempted as I was, I didn't ask him about it. He's been through enough tonight.

So I reached out to gently run my fingers through his hair and alongside his face. I wanted him to know I was here for him, even in silence.

He inhaled deeply and exhaled, his eyes closing and opening. My fingers settled along his jaw, feeling the growing hair on his face. He smelled like fresh soap and that body wash I like so much.

"Big spoon or little spoon?" I asked him after a moment.

"Big spoon," he replied, pulling me into his body so he could hold me.

I knew he was going to say that.

****

I sat in my closet, sobbing, because I couldn't find anything to wear. All these clothes and nothing fit. I was in only my robe, overwhelmed with frustration as I tossed another pair of jeans to the side. I've been wearing sweatpants, leggings, and baggy shirts because nothing else will fit me.

I'd felt like I'd grown overnight. I couldn't even see the tips of my toes now. Exerting a breath to showcase my frustration, I used a few colorful words in Italian before deciding to give up.

"What are you doing, Si?" I looked up and over at Tristan. He was standing in the doorway, eyes filled with sleep as he yawned. He looked around the closet at all the mess I'd created. There were clothes scattered everywhere.

"I'm fat," I whined. "All my clothes are becoming too small to wear." I opened up my robe, flashing my breasts at my husband. "And look at these. They were never this big and droopy."

Tristan's eyes fell to my breasts as he said, "Your tits look fine, baby. Besides, you just bought clothes. What happened to that?"

"They don't fit. I even shopped in the maternity section."

"Okay, well, it doesn't really matter what you wear, mia cara(my dear). You know you'll always be beautiful to me, fat or not."

A gasp escaped me, my mood shifting from sadness to anger. More tears spilled. "So you think I'm fat?"

Tristan sighed. "No, baby. Of course not. I'm just saying-"

"You do think I'm fat. Otherwise, you wouldn't have added the 'fat or not'."

I picked up one of the clothes I'd tried on. A knitted pink cropped sweater that almost tore when I tried to pull it over my belly. I chucked it at him and rapidly spewed curse after Italian curse at him.

"Si, calm down."

"No. Vaffanculo(Fuck you)!"

He sighed, his tone still calm. " You know I didn't mean it like that. You're being over dramatic."

"Overdramatic!?" In a hysterical fit of rage, I started throwing more of my clothes. I even threw one of my heels.

Nothing ever made contact, pissing me off more because he was dodging everything so effortlessly. So I two-armed it and more of my clothes, and some of his, started flying.

"Stop, Sienna. You're starting to piss me off!"

"Good, you fucking mcfucker!"

In my hormonal raging mind, my husband thought I was unattractive. Running on uncontrolled emotions, I kept throwing things and telling him that he didn't love me and that he didn't find me attractive anymore.

I even threatened to cut his dick off because now that I was too fat, he was probably going to go fuck some random skinny bitch and start a life with her. And then I was going to be left raising all four of our children alone.

"Sienna, I'm telling you right now, if you throw one more fucking thing at me."

I paused mid-throw, my arm cocked back and a red bottom shoe in hand. I saw the look of warning in his heated gaze and slowly lowered my weapon.

"You're going to stop putting words in my mouth. Do you understand me, Sienna?" I nodded. He growled, his jaw clenched. "Yes, what?"

"Yes, sir," I murmured, hating and loving that he was putting me in my place.

"Good girl."

I didn't notice him coming towards me until I felt him wipe away my tears. I looked up into his eyes and sniffled. I apologized, feeling bad for putting him through my shit. And so early in the morning. I wholeheartedly blame my behavior on my hormones and wish I wasn't so emotional. This second pregnancy is so different from my last. Despite it being rough, it was still a far smoother journey.

"It's okay," he replied in response to my apology. He peeled off my robe and kissed my stomach, then my breasts and my cheek. "Bellissima(Beautiful)," he said against my skin before kissing his way down my legs.

I laid back, enjoying the attention. He traveled back up my bare body and settled on my face. He left soft, tender kisses all over my faces. I giggled, securing my legs around him while his hands roamed up my arms and pinned them there.

"Tell me, mama, how can I put a smile on that gorgeous face? Do you want me to feed you? Give you a massage? Eat this pussy? Tell your husband how he can serve you."

"Is all of the above an option?"

His answer to my question was a deep, dark chuckle. The sound reverbated throughout my body, sling-shotting through me and reaching all the way down to my freshly pedicures toes. Looks like we're going to be in here for a while.