That Girl is Poison

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That's his mom. That's Mrs. Reynolds," she gaped.

Suddenly, Isabel noticed someone in a black hoodie watching, and she exclaimed, "You guys."

"What? What is it?" Spencer asked as she frantically looked around.

"Over there," Isabel said, pointing to the hooded per- wait, where did they go? "There- there was a person in a black hoodie watching us, I swear!"

"What are you saying?" Spencer asked incredulously.

"You think 'A' was out here watching us?" Emily added.

"Are you sure?" Spencer scoffed, still craning her neck.

"Why would 'A' care about Garrett's mother?" Emily agreed.

"Maybe 'A' wanted her out of the house," Isabel shrugged.

-

The next day, Isabel, Emily, and Spencer stared at Jenna while she handed out invitations.

"What happened to keeping a low profile?" Emily scoffed as they watched Jenna. "Staying blind because she's a target?"

"Look at her. How can you miss her?" Isabel scowled, glaring at Jenna's bright attitude.

"She's been gliding around school all day like a Thanksgiving float," Spencer agreed.

"Yeah, we should say something to her," Emily nodded, and started to walk over.

"No. Wait," Isabel said, grabbing her arm.

"Did you get Aria's text about Lucas and the photo studio?" Spencer asked, and Isabel turned to her.

"Yeah, what was that about?" she frowned.

"Aria says that she knows the photographer who owns the studio, and it's on the same block where she and Hanna saw Lucas on that night," Spencer explained.

"So now we think Lucas took the photos in the graveyard?" Emily replied skeptically.

"Well, maybe, but then why was he pounding to get in there?" Spencer pointed out.

Emily sighed and turned away. "I can't think about this now. I have a calculus test."

"Wait, Em. There's something else," Spencer exclaimed, stopping her again. "My mom left her tablet out on the table this morning." She pulled out a folded paper, and Isabel took it.

"What is this?" Emily asked, reading over her shoulder.

"They're letting Garrett out," Isabel read. "To see his mother. It's called compassionate furlough."

"What has he done to deserve compassion?" Emily scoffed.

"She's probably really sick," Isabel shrugged, handing Spencer the paper back.

"So basically they're giving him a get-out-of-jail-free card?" Emily huffed.

"This just might be his last time to say goodbye to her," Spencer replied.

"At least he gets a chance," Emily snapped, and Isabel knew what she was talking about: Maya.

"Do you want to talk about this later?" Spencer offered.

"What's there to talk about?" Emily scoffed, shifting her books. "We have no power- who cares what we think?"

"I do," Isabel muttered, and they stared at her. "Look, what if 'A' put Garrett's mom in the hospital to get Garrett out of jail?"

"Maybe the plan is to meet up with the person who's really helping him," Spencer added. "It would explain what Aria saw hiding in the shadows last night." Emily looked skeptical, and she sighed, "Em, Mona might not be the only person in Rosewood who owns a black hoodie."