Eye of the Beholder

"Man, times are tough

"Man, times are tough. Michele Obama wore this same blouse two years ago." -Hanna Marin

The next day at school, Isabel met up with the girls.

"It's really old, like six months," Mona said, handing Hanna a new phone (?). "But it works pretty good for an antique. The number bills to my account. Your mom never has to know."

"Oh. Mona, you are a life saver," Hanna sighed as Mona gave each of the girls some moisturizer.

"Well, what's the point of doing something for someone if it doesn't make you look good?" Mona shrugged, smiling. She got to Isabel, and her smile fell. "Oh, hon, I've heard about you and Jason. I'm so sorry." Isabel nodded sadly. Great, looks like everyone knew. Mona turned back to Hanna and smiled. "I'm already number one on the speed dial. Ciao!" She sashayed off.

"If only we could harness Mona's sense of entitlement, we could light the Eastern seaboard," Spencer smiled after her.

"Yeah, well, I don't care," Hanna said distractedly. "I got a new phone and didn't have to go through Caleb. He's safe in Montecito."

"Yeah, well at least 'A' can't sabotage your relationship," Isabel snapped. Hanna blinked at her, and she sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just pissed off."

"Don't worry, I completely get it," Hanna replied, putting a hand on Isabel's shoulder.

"Did you get through to Duncan yet?" Emily asked Aria. Supposedly, Aria had met some guy who knew what happened to Alison, and they were gonna check it out.

"Yeah, he's coming after school," Aria nodded. "I'm gonna meet him in the courtyard."

"That sounds safe," Isabel agreed. "Anyway, gotta go, I have to make up a quiz in History."

-

The next day, Isabel got a text from Spencer, explaining how Toby was totally manipulated, and they talked about how upset they were.

"Hey, Spencer, Emily-"

Isabel turned around to see Jason walk up to them.

"Isa, I-" he started cautiously.

Isabel would've stayed and listened, but tears threatened to spill over, and she stormed off, actually sobbing before disappearing completely.

-

Isabel was cleaning up in the Brew, about to close up. She swept the floor behind the counter, and when she was done, she held the broom up to her chin. Looking around, she decided no one was there, and then let the tears come. She cried and cried until she heard the door open, and she quickly wiped away the tears.