There's No Place Like Homecoming

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing her anniversary, he slept with one of his students

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing her anniversary, he slept with one of his students."- Hanna Marin

"Hey," Isabel smiled. She had just entered Aria's room. Poor Aria was very distraught over her mother and father arguing. So, naturally, the others came to cheer her up.

"What are you doing?" Aria frowned. Isabel plopped down on her bed with some magazines.

"An intervention," Isabel explained.

"We brought takeout and rag mags," Emily added, holding up the takeout while Isabel dropped the magazines next to Aria.

"But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats," Hanna insisted.

"What's wrong with these?" Aria huffed, sitting up.

"Nothing..." Spencer shrugged. "Except they're starting to graft to your skin."

"Well, they're comfy," Aria argued.

"So are mom jeans and platform flip-flops," Hanna pointed out.

"Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Isabel agreed.

"That's easy. I'm not going," Aria scoffed.

"What do you mean you're not going?" Hanna asked her, baffled.

"You can't just not go," Spencer added incredulously.

"What are you doing instead?" Emily said, folding her arms across her chest.

"I don't know," Aria sighed, picking up the magazines. "I guess I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey."

"Hey, look, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents," Spencer argued.

"And besides, they still might work it out," Isabel nodded.

"They're barely speaking to each other," Aria scoffed.

"People get angry. They blow up," Emily pointed out. "Doesn't mean it's over."

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary," Hanna said. "He slept with one of his students."

The girls all gave her the 'really?' look.

"Sorry," Hanna muttered. "I'm just saying things can look over on Friday, and by Monday all is forgiven."

"Some things just take time," Isabel added.