The Remains of the 'A'

"If you had that much cash lying around, you'd probably also have a bomb shelter and like five years' worth of dehydrated meat

"If you had that much cash lying around, you'd probably also have a bomb shelter and like five years' worth of dehydrated meat." -Spencer Hastings

Isabel was making herself a milkshake in Spencer's kitchen while Spencer typed up April Rose. Supposedly, when Hanna read the note, it and the name April Rose on it. It seemed like such a pretty name. April Rose. Isabel wished it were her name.

Toby was also in the kitchen, trying unsuccessfully to engage Spencer with his news.

"So I went and showed her the place, and she said she loved it," he said proudly. "I think I did a good job." He walked over to the couch where Spencer was sitting with a bottle of water in his hand. "Once I finish putting the beams in the loft, she said they'd be interested in me doing some custom work for them."

"Wow, that's incredible," Isabel agreed, wide-eyed.

"That's great," Spencer muttered with no less energy.

"She even gave my name to an architect she knows," Toby added, looking back over at Isabel. Spencer's phone beeped, and she checked it.

"An architect? Gee, Toby, that is so impressive," Isabel replied, and Toby beamed. Isabel cleared her throat pointedly, and Spencer spoke up.

"That... that's great," she stammered, her eyes still glued on her laptop.

"Spencer," Toby sighed as he sat down next to her. Isabel took this as her cue to leave.

"I'll be back later," she smiled, and Toby waved goodbye.

"That's great," Spencer said, obviously not paying attention.

-

Later, Spencer texted Isabel to meet her in the town square. Isabel obliged, seeing no reason to dodge it, but it still seemed strange. The town square? Why not at her house, or Isabel's apartment?

"Hey, what's up?" She frowned, walking over. The wind blew her hair around, and she spit it out of her face.

"Hi," Spencer said, looking past Isabel. Isabel turned around and groaned.

"Really, Spence?" She huffed as Jason walked up to her.

"Bear with me, I know you don't want to be reminded of his... past, but it may be the only way we can find this April Rose girl," Spencer pleaded as Jason sat down next to her. "Please?"

"Yeah, whatever," Isabel sighed. She sat down in between Spencer and Jason.

"So, what's up?" He asked them.

"Like I know," Isabel muttered under her breath, and Spencer gave her the 'seriously?' look.

"We need to talk to you about Garrett. His case," Spencer replied.