Surfing the Aftershocks

"Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" -Jason DiLaurentis

The four girls stood there as Mr. D and Jason argued about Mrs. D's funeral. Isabel wore a chiffon A-line black dress.

"I don't want to see any police- not at the funeral, not at the cemetery," Mr. D huffed as he poured himself a glass of scotch. "No police, no press."

"I took care of it," Jason assured him.

"Did you?" Mr. D asked skeptically. These were the moments... the ones where Isabel wanted to punch Mr. D in the face. Luckily, she had a bit of self-control.

"Yes, I did," Jason sighed.

"Hey, how is she?" Spencer asked Hanna as she walked over to them.

"She's getting dressed," she replied.

Aria glanced at the others before saying, "Yeah, but how is she?"

"She's going to her mom's funeral," Isabel scoffed, crossing her arms. "How do you think she is?"

"She's going to bury the woman who tried to bury her," Spencer added.

"Question is, who buried Ali's mom in Spencer's backyard?" Emily asked as Isabel looked back at Jason. He of course, seemed sad, but also... remorseful.

"It wasn't Jason," Isabel said firmly. Spencer nodded as she turned back to them.

"What makes you so sure?" Emily scoffed.

"Because I saw his face when... the dog found the body," Isabel responded, looking away. "And seriously, guys? You think he'd kill his own mother? I know they weren't best buds, but he didn't hate her."

"A dog who knows where the body was buried?" Aria huffed. "That sounds exactly like 'A.'"

"Dogs dig. Okay? That's just what they do," Spencer whispered. "They just smell something and they dig."

"You didn't have to mention the smelly part," Hanna muttered.

"Aria, 'A' is gone," Emily said to Aria, who seemed to be freaking out. "You know that."

"Yeah, 'A' might be gone, but we still have to deal with Mona," Spencer pointed out.

"She knows that Ali wasn't kidnapped," Hanna agreed, which was news to Isabel.

"Got in Ali's face about it," Emily added.

"She's not the only one we have to worry about," Spencer whispered, looking at her feet.

"Noel Kahn?" Isabel scoffed, rolling her eyes. "He's going to do whatever is best for Noel Kahn."

"That's not who I was thinking of," Spencer muttered.

They heard footsteps, making them turn around to see Ali wearing a familiar dress. With wide eyes, Isabel realized that was the dress Mrs. D wore to Ali's funeral.