Chapter 10

After a long and exhausting day filled with a barrage of academic responsibilities and demanding sports practices, Kenzie Reed and Matt finally find solace in the comfort of their shared apartment. Kenzie, who has been engrossed in a marathon of studying, feels the weight of fatigue settle in their bones. On the other hand, Matt has spent countless hours meticulously researching and compiling information for a challenging assignment.

As the evening sun casts a warm glow through the windows, Reed emerges from the bathroom, having just completed a refreshing shower. Shirtless and exuding a sense of relaxation, Reed's presence injects a renewed energy into the room. With a mischievous glint in their eyes, Reed proposes an idea that promises to add an element of excitement and camaraderie to their living arrangement.

"Well, how about we kick back, unwind, and indulge in a few drinks?" Reed suggests, a playful smile gracing their lips. "And to make things even more interesting, let's play the question games. It's a brilliant way for us to delve into deeper conversations, explore each other's minds, and ultimately forge stronger bonds as roommates."

The suggestion hangs in the air, creating an atmosphere of anticipation and curiosity. The prospect of engaging in this unique form of entertainment fills the room with a contagious sense of enthusiasm. It's an opportunity for Kenzie, Matt, and Reed to let loose, shed the weight of their daily responsibilities, and share personal insights that can only come from open and honest conversations.

As they gather around, drinks in hand, the room buzzes with excitement.

"So, are we asking silly questions or serious ones?" Kenzie asked, sipping her drink.

"I think serious or deep ones are the real fun ones, so let's go with that. Sound good?" Reed says.

"Sounds like a plan," Kenzie says.

"I'm down," Matt says.

"Have you ever been in love Kenzie?" asked Reed.

"Well, straight to the deep one, huh? Reed asked. "And yes, I have. He was my best friend. Things got complicated when we dated. He wanted me to change and be a specific type of person that I was not. I like who I am, so I wasn't going to change. When I didn't change, he got interested in others instead of ending it. I decided that I deserved better, even though it took me a while to realize. I left. End of story," Kenzie says. "What about both of you?"

"Well, I was with my ex since 8th grade, and I promised I swore I was going to marry that girl. I promised her when we ended high school, and she said she would wait for me and build us from long distance. But then I came here for football, and we were going good or so I thought. Until she came after the last game of my freshman year and gave me an ultimatum to come back home. She didn't care that this was for the NFL. She even got my father to agree that going back home wouldn't ruin my chances he was willing to give up my chances on football even though it's been going so well, just so I can still be seen as the good southern boy who married his middle school sweetheart he always changes his opinion on what I should do based on how he can spin it around now I'm the golden football boy who keeps the game alive in my family or the boy whose been dreaming of following in his father's footsteps. Also Even though I explained to her I loved being here and I enjoyed everything about where I was and that we could be together all the time once I got drafted or she could move here with me. I even got Matt to agree for her to share our room. But no, she wanted it her way, so she didn't care. She could ruin my career or happiness. She wanted us to be back home, and that was it. So when I said no, well, she said goodbye to us and our future. I was heartbroken and cried, only Matt's arms though, but it was horrible," Reed says.

"Wow, what a selfish bitch," Kenzie said.

"That's what I said," Matt says.

"It's alright. I'm good, and I'm very happy with my decision. I find out new things about myself every day, no matter how hard and confusing. But I would've never figured it out if I went home with her, so no regrets," Reed says.