Space Bridge

I was taking a deep breath when Optimus pulled up to the Lincoln Memorial. This may have been a great place to visit...but now it's like a horror movie that you know will end badly.

I had this awful feeling in my stomach and it wasn't making me feel too good about tagging along with Optimus.

Optimus suddenly stopped and opened the door. I jumped out and backed up as he started to transform.

"We need to go." He told me before running toward the Memorial building. I tried my best to keep up with him but was quickly falling behind from his very long strides....though, he is a huge metal being so...

I sprinted faster and I knew I was close to our destination when I saw Optimus slow down but that wasn't what made me sure I was close. It was Sentinel.

"Commencing transport."

I finally caught up as Optimus made himself known by running out into view. I hid behind the statue that Optimus was beside, just out of sight from Sentinel.

"Stop! No, no Sentinel!" Optimus cried out to him.

"Forgive me." I heard Sentinel say.

I glared at the ground and growled out. "Never." I turned around and snuck out from behind the statue to watch the disaster.

I watched in horror as so many Decepticons started pouring out of the space bridge.

Optimus suddenly started running.

"Optimus!" I screamed at him. I quickly ran after him but suddenly shots started to fire around me.

"Autobots, retreat!" I heard Optimus yell out. I looked ahead and saw shots going around him as well.

I looked and spotted Sentinel shooting at him before his gun aimed my way. My eyes widened as I tried to run faster but I heard it before I felt it.

The heat of the blast had me screaming just as much as the feeling of flying mid-air did.

I curled into myself the best I could and closed my eyes before I felt the impact of the ground.

I cried out before painfully struggling to my feet. I can't give up. I'm not going to give up. I began running but found the pain in my right leg getting worse by the second and each time my foot hit the ground as I ran it sent a scorching pain up my leg.

However, I didn't look down to check it incase it was something that would stop me.

I looked up suddenly when I heard Optimus yell out.

I finally made it out of the trees and saw Optimus tackle Sentinel onto some stairs.

I stumbled from a sudden paralyzing pain ripple up my leg. I slapped my mouth shut as a scream threatened to escape, though a whimper did. I ran even faster when I saw water up ahead.

I looked up to find Sentinel tackle Optimus back into a statue and press his gun into Optimus' helm.

My heart skipped a beat before I suddenly felt water soak my feet then my legs. I looked down and saw I ran into the water that I saw.

My eyes widened again however when I saw the blood starting to float around my leg and into the water. I took a deep breath to keep from crying before shaking my head and painfully walking through the water.

At least my leg will get sorta clean...unless, the water causes it to get all gross... Yay. I'll just ask Ratchet to give me a shot again.

"Why, Sentinel? Why?" I ran closer and exited the water as I watched Optimus struggle against Sentinel.

Sentinel had him pressed back against the statue and for a split second I met Optimus' optics. They clearly told me to 'run'.

I didn't listen.

"For Cybertron! For our home! What war destroyed, we can rebuild! But only if we join with the Decepticons." Sentinel told Optimus as he kept struggling until Sentinel just pressed his sword against his neck.

"No, it's not the only way! This is our home! We must defend the humans!" Optimus told Sentinel as he again fought back and tried to push Sentinel away.

I snuck up behind the statue that Optimus was pressed against and watched. I would've done more but it was impossible, it seemed that way anyway.

"So lost you are, Optimus. On Cybertron, we were gods. And here... they call us machines. Let the humans serve us, or perish!" Sentinel told him as he pressed the tip of his sword into Optimus' neck. "You're lucky I didn't kill you. In time, you'll see."

"It's not over." Optimus told him as he stood back up.

I closed my eyes as I braced myself against the statue. The pain becoming stronger then ever. It didn't stop me from saying one thing though.

"You're right....it's not over, it'll never be over." I took a ragged breath as I felt myself getting lifted.

"Ellie?" I heard Optimus ask but it was like I was in a tunnel. His voice was echoing around me.

I struggled to open my eyes and found six blue optics making me scrunch my eyebrows up. "Since when were you a spider?" I asked him.

"Ratchet....Ellie, needs....been shot....leg...." My hearing just kept going in and out. I couldn't process anything but the searing pain running into my leg and if I concentrated enough, I could feel it spreading up my whole right side.

"Optimus..." I cried into his hand as I felt him running.

"I'm getting you to Ratchet, Ellie. Hold on."

I don't know how I heard all that clear as day but that's the last I remember before I slipped into the dark beyond.

A/N: Yay! Update! I hope you like it. Thank you! :)