Calling Simmons

After the whole Sentinel thing happened I went to Mearing's office where Sam and Carly would soon be in.

I was right, they came walking over soon after I arrived, Mearing in front. Mearing opened the door and turned to me. "I'm guessing you're coming in?" I nodded silently at her.

I could feel Sam and Carly watching me but ignored them for the most part. We walked into the office and I stayed in the back of the room while Sam and Carly sat down.

"'Total Nightmare' file." Mearing told her assistant as she got behind her desk. "So, the investigation is open. We've sent agents to your office. And for the time being we're gonna send you home with Autobot protection." She told Sam.

"Uh, who do I- who do I need to speak to to get you guys to understand that I can help, that I can contribute?" Sam asked her.

I watched Wheelie and Brains play on the floor with Wheelie in his alt-mode and Brains riding in the toy trucks trunk. Brains suddenly jumped off and climbed onto Mearing's desk.

"Hey, we can all help. Want to tell you what I know? I could tell you about the solar system, all the fun planets to hang out on." He told her. I smiled at him.

"Get off my desk, please." Mearing put a gun on the desk in front of him.

"Oh. You pulling out guns? Oh, can't help you out now. She angry." Brains said jumping off the desk.

"Oh my God." Mearing scoffed.

"What do you envision for me? I go home now? I go back to work? I make copies? I mean-" Sam cuts himself off as Mearing leans closer to him.

"This is a unit for veteran intelligence officers and Special Forces, not for boys who once owned special cars." Mearing told him. I rubbed my face roughly as I listened.

"That's a bit harsh isn't it, ma'am?" Carly asked.

"Uh, mistake alert." I told her. She looked at me confused before looking at Mearing when she spoke.

"Don't call me ma'am. I'm not a ma'am."

"Well, you're a woman aren't you?" Carly asked her causing me to snort a laugh. Mearing stared us both down but I rose my eyebrows at her.

"So, are those yours?" Sam cleared his throat and pointed at her medals on the wall.

"Yeah. CIA."

"I only ask 'cause I also have a medal, from the President." I roll my eyes at him.

"Yeah. Great. So, it's not that complicated, right? No one gets to work with the Autobots unless I approve it. You're breaking my chain of command." She told him causing the hope to vanish from his face.

"Come on, let's go. You've done what you came for." Carly told him while standing up.

"With all due respect, young man, I appreciate what you did. But you're not a soldier. You're a messenger. You've always been a messenger." Mearing told him. I winced.

"Charlotte, come on..."

"You have no right to call me that!" She snapped at me.

"He's a hero." Carly told her before walking out with me following behind them.

We walked out of her office and toward the main hangar. Once we got there I was stopped by a metal foot stepping down right in front of me. I looked up to see Optimus looking down at me.

"Ellie, may I speak with you?" He asked me.

Now, I'm angry, tired, hungry, and I can't handle talking to him about something major right now so I answered simply. "No."