Waking Up

I groaned and shifted on the surface I was lying on. I opened my eyes to find myself in an empty room on a bed. "Hello?" I called out. I sat up and winced when an ache ran up my leg. I looked down at it and blinked when it was wrapped up in gauze. "Ratchet?" I called out swinging my legs over the bed when my thoughts starting coming back to me.

Everything that happened when I went with Optimus.
What was next?
What happened with my leg?

"Optimus? Ratchet?" I stood up and cried out before falling to the ground when my leg gave out. "Somebody?" I took a shaky breath and stood up on my good leg. I hopped to the door which was across the room before grabbing the knob and slowly opening it.

I looked around slowly before hopping out of the room and into the hall. "What are you doing?" I screamed and spun around to face the voice only to fall when I used my bad leg for balance. I fell to the ground again. "You shouldn't be out of that room." A red optic came into my view.

I groaned and pushed him away. "Wheelie...where is Ratchet? Optimus?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "I don't know..."

I stared at him. "You're being very helpful at the moment."

He shrugged again. "Not my problem to be helpful, you aren't supposed to be up." He pointed to the room. "Go back in there." He told her.

I glared at him but yelped when suddenly a man came down the hall and grabbed Wheelie roughly. "Hey!"
I shouted struggling to my feet.

"You slagger! Put me down! I will rip your eyes out!" Wheelie struggled in the hold the man had him in.

"Let him go!" I called after him loudly as I jumped on my good leg after him.

The man simply ignored me as he opened a door to his left before leaving my sight. I grumbled and hopped quickly, almost loosing my balance before I barged into the door he went through.

The main hangar.

I looked around for Wheelie and the man but instead spotted Sam rolling across a table. "What..." I grunted as I started hopping again. "The one time I need crutches.." I grumbled as I stabled my balance on a nearby table.

I nodded with a polite smile to a man that was staring at me oddly. "Hello." I greeted before hopping toward Sam.

"-you doing?" The man asked touching his hair while staring at Sam.

"Nothing. What are you doing?" Sam asked him lowly while leaning against the table and looking at the man.

"Get away from me." The man told him after a few seconds.

I snorted as Sam walked away with his head down. "Yeah, Sam, stop creeping people out." I tell him while grabbing his shoulder for balance.

Sam turns his head quickly and stares at me. "What are you doing here?" He asked me with wide eyes. "What's wrong with your leg?" He changed the question.

I sighed as we followed Mearing over to the TV's. Oh yeah...the end of the alliance announcement...god I hate the government. "I was shot by Sentinel." I told him simply. He grunted and coughed while grasping his wrist tightly. "Sam?" I looked at his wrist and came to realization at the 'watch' before narrowing my eyes at it.

"It's been a remarkable series of events today at the Capitol. Just moments ago, legislation was passed to exile the Autobots from American shores. The U. S. Military alliance with them is officially over. In the words of the House Majority Leader-" I watched the lady talk with hard eyes and clenched fists, I was keeping the weight off my bad leg as I did so.

"Yeah." Mearing said into her phone once she answered it.

"the sponsor of today's resolution, we cannot in good conscience intive-"

"Okay."

"What? They can't do this. You gotta tell them. They can't do that." Sam told her as he gestured to the TV.
I shook my head with an irritated expression as I knew her answer.

"Okay. It's official. It's a go, people." Mearing ignored Sam and called out to inform everyone.

"These are our allies. The Autobots fought for us. They fought with us." I stole Sam's line and glared at her.

Mearing evened my glare with her own. "And where are we now? Facing an enemy invasion with an enemy that has the means to deploy countless more." She told me.

I scoffed. "Only because you aren't doing anything to stop it! What have you been doing? Talking shit to everyone you've meant and not listening to a thing Sam and I've been trying to tell you." I shot back.

She was quiet for a few seconds as she studied me. "The Autobots are to be taking care of this and they aren't, seeing as we have yet another battle on its way."

"And one hell of a battle it will be..." I hop forward. Wow...look how intimidating that was. "I wish you knew how horrible of a decision this is, sending the Autobots back into space."

Mearing just shook her head at me. "It is a safe decision. For everyone. Lets go!" She spun on her heel and walked away.

I just stood there until Sam nudged me forward. I glanced at him before grabbing his shoulder silently and hobbling after Mearing. Neither of us said anything because for one, we were being listened to and we didn't have anything to say.

A/N: So sorry for the late update and...I may or may not go back and edit this chapter. Depends on the response it gets. I hope you like it either way. Thanks. :)