31. What is anything?

(Y/n pov)

I woke up after that. My demon mind just disappeared. I never was in control of my body.

It was all her doing. I only became hashira because I 'killed' 100 demons.

'You really thought you pulled a breathing stlye out of your ass, huh.'

'Shut it. Before I make you'.

'. . . I'm just not gonna say anything about that'.

Ever since that night I've been talking with her in my head. My human mind died and I became it. It's confusing on how that works.

"Ms. Tamayo?" I barged in her office, startling her.

"Y-y/n? What is it dear?" She asked still shaking.

"Why didn't Tamaki tell me I had some sort of personality disorder?"

Tamayo dropped her glass. "When did you find out?"

"Two nights ago." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I felt no need to. I did kind of lash out at you that night."

Tamayo was silent.

"I feel strange now." I started to tear up. "It's like everything was just one big lie. My life was one big lie. I didn't become a hashira on my own. I had someone else do it for me. I didn't run away when I had the chance. I left when things were great. Why am I so stupid?" I cried.

Tamayo wrapped her arms around me. She patted my head.
"Dear, you are not stupid. Oblivious, yes. But not stupid. You didn't learn anything from the age you were supposed to. You were just born into the wrong family. You became someone who you had no control over. Trust me when I say that you will learn. I will teach you. But for now, maybe you just need to go home."

"Go *hic* home?"
"Back to the man who saved you. Back to your real family."

~Next morning~

' You know, you could just live with Tamayo.'
'She has enough on her plate with Yuishiro.'
'But she's a demon. You could be happy here.'
' I'd be happy if I didn't have a demon in my head.'
'Fair.'

Tengen, and the girls, they are kind people. I feel bad for them.

Inosuke was really my first and only friend during my childhood. I should've listened to him and went with him. I would've lived in the woods, eat nuts, and maybe even find Muichiro.

What happened to him? His eyes were shining, and had such a bright smile. Now he's dull and doesn't smile at all. Was it because I left? Or did it happen after? I can't ask him anything. He doesn't remember me. If he did, he would've smiled and hugged me tightly.

What happened to Kagome after the fight? Did father die? Are any of my remaining brothers alive?

I can't ask anyone! I don't know anything and I can't ask someone! Why do I always end up alone?!

No. That's a lie. I didn't end up completely alone. I found Tengen. I found Muichiro. I found Inosuke. I found the Hashira. I found Amane. I even found Amara again.

I lived years with the people who love and care about me. Even if it was a short while, I wasn't alone. In love, and in suffering.

But, I still wonder if Muichiro ever did see me more than a friend. Or a sister.

Well, I shouldn't think about it too much. He doesn't remember after all.

I should be worried about . . .

How do I face them now?