20. Goodbye past

(Gyutoro pov)

"Stop it." Kagome told me, interrupting me.
"I said don't come near me!" I shouted.
"Why not? You having temper tantrums suddenly means you can ignore masters orders?" Kagome questioned with sarcasm in her voice.
"I-ugh!" I punched another tree across the area.

My head suddenly started to pound. I fell over grabbing my head, yelling at the pain.

"Brother! Come on!"

"Yuki! Wait!"

A black haired boy was chasing after a brown haired boy through the forest.

'This again?!'

"Brother! Last one their has to cook the fish tonight!"
"Over my dead body!"
"Hahaha."

The two boys were jumping over the tree branches. They made it to the river, being the brown hair boy winning.

"Yeah! I win!" The boy jumped up and down out of happiness.
The black haired boy was bent down, hands on knees, panting.
"Okay okay. I'll cook the fish. But you have to catch the fish." The boy pointed at his little brother.
"No fair!"

The vision came to an end.

"Another headache?" Kagome walked over to me and kneeled down to my level. She slit her hand and put it to my mouth. I drank the blood. Her blood was able to sooth my headaches whenever I had them.

"Thank you." I held her hand as I licked the remaining blood.
"Not a problem really. I still hate you." Kagome reminds us.
"Yeah. Hate." I looked at her hand healing.
"It never gets any easier, does it?"

Even though Kagome is the older sister of that hashira, I still want to kill her.

"Have you found your parents yet?" I asked.
Kagome shook her head.
"No. Not yet. I looked at the entertainment district in and out. But it seems as though they moved away." Kagome explained.
"I see."

"How is y/n doing?" Kagome asked.
I glared at her.

"Why? You know full well that I hate her and I wish to kill her." I spoke as I got up. "And... She is doing fine. I believe." I wiped the blood off my mouth.

I felt Kagome put her hand on my left shoulder. I didn't look at her.

"Do you actually want me?" She asked.

"What makes you say a thing like that?" I questioned.

"Are you pretending that the maidens, including y/n, that you played with don't exist? What a laugh." Kagome chuckled and I felt nothing on my left shoulder. Meaning she most likely crossed her arms.
I turned to her as I put my hands on her shoulders.

"Kagome, I promised you one thing; That I will become a twelve kuzuki and we will take over a region together." I pulled her close into a hug.

"That was cheesy. And sort of cliche." Kagome joked.
"I hate you." I chuckled.
"The feelings are mutual."

When I met Kagome, I believed that there is no one that could love her more than I could.

I kissed her forehead.

"Wow. You decide to do that after a week?" Kagome smiled.
"Well I've been busy."

I picked her up so I was carrying her like a child.
She wrapped her arms around me.

"I am actually kind of glad you get to chaperone me for my next mission."
"Well if course you should be. It's like a date. But why does my brother have to be there?" Kagome groaned.
"I'm not as exited as you are."