30. Mind games

(Y/n pov)

Kyoya Tamaki.

A strange boy. Always lazy, bored out of his mind, and acted like he had all the time in the world.

He couldn't even hurt a fly. Right?

But, what Yushiro said . . .

"You're quiet tonight, y/n."

I looked up Tamayo. It was only me and her eating dinner tonight. Kyoya and Yushiro haven't come back yet.

". . . I'm fine." I replied.

"No. You're not."

"I am. Trust me."

"Y/n. I'm not only a doctor in medical, I'm also a doctor in psychology. I can see the signs of unnatural behavior."

"You saying I'm going crazy?"

"No. Of course not. I'm only saying that you are not behaving as you were yesterday. Like you haven't been very active, you haven't eaten lunch, and you look tired. Is there something I don't know?"

Tamayo was worried. Her eyes spoke everything.

". . . do I have to be happy all the time?"

"No. I'm not saying that."

"Tamayo! I'm fine! Stop it!"

She flinched. I took a step back, realizing what I had done.

". . . goodnight."

I stood up abruptly and walked out of the room. Tamayo was kind. She was sweet. But why am I getting irritated at her? She wasn't the one to tell me about Tamaki. Yushiro was. Doesn't she know about the history? Why isn't she dead? Does Tamaki care about her that much? No he doesn't, right?

He told me he did. But was that a lie? I don't even know the truth anymore. Was I actually a demon slayer? Did I even have a family?

I slammed my door shut and buried myself underneath the futon covers.

I can't do this. I want my memories back of my life. I want to be with Muichiro.

Wait . . . Muichiro?

Wasn't that-

"Are you awake?"

I opened my eyes to see I was lying in hovering water. It was night. The stars were twinkling and the moon looked like it was about 50 feet away.

"Over here, y/n."

I looked behind me to see me standing there. Well, she looked like me, but with a demonic tail and horns.

". . . Am I high?"

(Tamayo pov)

"Kill myself or kill you? Are you a comedian?"

"Well, I don't believe in such matters. And you shouldn't joke at such a question."

"I would never. What do you take me for?"

A fool. That's what. A mere plaything to be amused with. I'm a clown in your eyes.

"All I want is to know if you have what he was hiding."

"Well, I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid I can't give you it."

"And why not?"

He turned to me with his eyes glowing red. He walked over to me with his figure growing with each step. I started to take steps back. But he grabbed my face when I was about to hit the wall.