29. Calm

(Warning: strong language, smoking)

(Y/n pov)

Day four, and the atmosphere was thicker than blood. Ever since Tamaki's sister came by, he's been acting out of loop. He just spent most of the day cleaning. Which is odd for him, considering he hates cleaning and always complains.

I guess . . . I want the old Tamaki back?

"I'm heading out." Tamaki announced.

"You are? Where are you heading?" Tamayo asked.

"Just on a walk." Was his reply.

(Meanwhile)
(Nobody pov)

At the butterfly mansion, Shinobu was busy with work, the trio was out in the woods, and Aoi, with the butterfly girls, were doing laundry.

Shinobu tried to focus on the poison, but her mind kept going back to what Tengen said that night when he was drunk.

"And it doesn't help that she's a half-demon."

Shinobu despised demons, but to think that a fellow hashira was half of one?

Shinobu called for her crow and attached letter to them.
She hoped that Tengen would reach it and come by as soon as possible.

Muichiro was busy with a mission. He basically forgot the whole mission that went on a few days ago. But he couldn't get y/n out of his mind.

Her demonic form was the image that kept popping up in his head. To him, she looked so beautiful. But Muichiro knew that it wasn't appropriate to stare and gawk at her like an object. So he kept it to a minimal.

He saw a young couple walking by him in thr opposite way. He looked around him to see that he wandered into a town. People walking by, taking, not having a care in the world about what will happen when the sun goes down.

He didn't feel anything about the people by him. He just wanted to get by. That was when he felt a rubber thing his back.

He turned around to see that it was a rubber ball, and two children, both identical, running up to it.

"So sorry about that mister!" The left one spoke.
They grabbed the ball and ran off.

Seeing them made Muichiro feel something. Like the kids seemed familiar. Or that he remembered that he used to be one of them.

"This leaf reminded me of you?"

An image of a young girl popped up in his head. But her face was blurry.

Muichiro felt a pain in his heart. He didn't know why. It felt like he was guilty about that girl.

(Tamaki pov)

Damn it . . .

"DAMN IT ALL!"

Why? Why did the old man have to die?!

He was completely healthy! Sure, he was in his old age, but I've seen plenty of old family members live past his age!

I told him I wanted NOTHING to do with that stupid fucking will! NOTHING to do with the Inn, NOTHING to do with the family anymore!

That last talk we had . . .

"The family business will change after I pass. I will intrust it to anyone. Because anyone in our family is more than worthy of the poison. If you don't want that responsibility, then I won't give it to you. But keep this in mind: your blood belongs with this family. Being a Tamaki means that we can't get anything, even freedom, with out killing a few pawns."