24. Help

(Warning: Suicide, incest(kinda), heavy things)
(Tengen pov)

Ugh. My head hurts. Badly!

"How are you feeling, Uzui?" Shinobu asked when she walked in.

"I feel like I should retire." I groaned.

"Now now, don't be such a child. You'll be okay as long as you take these pills every few hours." She set the pills and a cup of water on the table next to mine.

"Has y/n return yet?" I questioned.

"No. Not yet. Don't worry, Muichiro went to search for her. She'll be fine." Shinobu told me.

"I swear that kid has a thing for her." I gritted my teeth.

"Yeah. I noticed too."

A moment of silence fell upon us.

"Hey, Kocho?"

"Hm? Yes?"

"Did . . . did I say anything weird when I was drunk?"

I think I did say something. I just don't know what.

"Um . . . no. Not at all. You just caused a commotion." She said.

"That's good." I sighed.

"Caw! Caw!"

A kasugai crow came through the window. It was y/n's crow.

"There is trouble in the woods! Muichiro Tokito and Yuki Amane are the only ones standing! Y/n Uzui has turned into a demon! Caw!"

My heart stopped working.

"What did you just say?" I breathed.

"Y/n Uzui has been turned into a demon. She's fighting against the female demon on her own. The sun is about to rise. Shinobu Kocho and Tengen Uzui, go to the woods in the west!" The crow left.

I sat up. Me and Kocho made eye contact. She was just as worried as I am.

"Get me my clothes now!" I yelled.

"Uzui, you are still hung over! I suggest you rest! I'll go!" Kocho tried to stop me from getting up.

"I'll be as high over as I want! My daughter is in danger and the youngest hashira is also in trouble with just a rookie demon slayer! If we both need to go then we both need to go! Now where is my uniform!"

Kocho stared at me for a second before nodding and running off.

"Dammit!!" I punched the blanket.

(Meanwhile)
(Muichiro pov)

Y/n was still attacking and showing no mercy to the demon.

"Are you about done?!" I yelled at Amane.

"Almost! It takes a while!"

"Caw! Caw!" Amane's crow cawed.
"30 minutes until sunrise!! 30 minutes until sunrise!!"

"We're running out of time!! How long does it take to apply poison to a sword?!"

"I'm not a swordsmith, okay!! I don't know exactly what I'm doing!!"

"Oh come on!! Shit! Just hurry up!!"

I looked back to y/n.
The black haired demon was trying to hold her own against y/n. Cutting off her limbs, trying to behead her, or just plain out attacking her. But y/n still had the upper hand in power.

I'm worried that y/n might be truly lost if we don't hurry up.

"Can you two stop shouting?! My head still hurts!!" The demon shouted.