13. Rengoku

(Y/n pov)
I left the butterfly estate this morning because I was told I could. I was really exited to go home to Tengen and the others. But as soon as I made it halfway there, a kasugai crow came up to me and landed on my shoulder. "Y/n Uzui, the master wishes to see you!" The master? "Okay, be there in a sec!" The crow flew off and I went in the direction of the masters estate.

I finally made it to the estate and stopped in front of the porch. "Um . . . hello?!" I asked. The door opened to reveal a grown woman with white hair. "Y/n, come in." She said as she walked off into the building. I went inside and closed the door. I looked to see the master sitting down with the lamps on.

"Y/n, take a seat" he said. I took a seat on my knees and bowed. "Hello Master. It is nice to see you in good health." "Thank you, but I am more concerned about you." I looked up to see a small frown on his face. A really really small smile.

"I am doing great, master. And thank you for your letter." I smiled even though I know he can't see it. "You are welcome. I brought you here today to discuss something important" he looked serious about the topic. Something important?

"W-what is it?" I was scared to find out what it was. "I heard that a demon slayer was fighting a demon just the other day, and the demon said it was looking for you." I was shocked to even think. Was it that demon that almost killed me? Or some other demon? "I know it is shocking, but it was a different demon that you fought before you were injured. You haven't let any demon off the hook have you?" I was scared to answer. "O-o-only o-one" I shuddered.

"I see." He didn't look disapointed "But if it's not that demon, then how?" I asked. "It would seem as though . . .

That Muzan Kibujtiji is after you."

I have no words to describe what i am feeling. I feel anger? I feel scared? Scared. Scared. Scared.

I'M SCARED!

"Calm down y/n". I heard the masters voice bringing me back to reality. "I know it must be terrifying for you, which is why I will have you be assigned a stronger hashira to keep you safe." A stronger hashira? "What does that mean?" I was confused on why I needed an escort. "It is where when one of you go on missions, the other one goes with the other." "Oh!" So I guess it is for the better if the master says I need an escort.

"Speaking of missions, your escort has a mission I assigned him. You will be going with him. But it is dangerous, so do what he says." I nodded my head. "Meet him outside. He will be arriving soon." "Thank you master." I got up and went outside. I waited to see who was my escort, 'I bet it is Lord Tengen'.

"Y/n!!"

I look to my left to see Rengoku walking to me. " . . . Rengoku?" What is he doing here? "Hello!!" "Are you here to see the master?" I asked. "Oh no! I am here to pick you up!" He yelled enthusiastic. "Wha-!" I didn't know what he meant. "Didn't the master tell you?!" I started to remember what he told me about. "Tell me what? All he said was . . . !!" I was surprised. "That's right! I am going to be your escort!" "Wow! Really?!" I didn't know it would be him. "Yes! Although your escorts will be switched out every now and then!" "Eh?" What did he mean?

"The hashiras will switching to be your escort!" Oh! So the hashiras are taking turns looking out for me. "I see."

(Rengoku pov)
I remember at the hashira meeting a while back.

(Flashback)
"Welcome to the hashira meeting, my children." The master said. "Y/n could not make it because she is still resting." Shinobu said. "If I find that demon, I'm going to cut it's head off and it's limbs in a flashy way!" Uzui said loudly but angry. ". . . The reason why I brought you here is because we need to talk about y/n." Everyone looked worried. "What's wrong?" Muichiro asked worried. "I heard some bad news from a demon slayer that passed the other day . . .