19. A night at the Tamaki Inn

(Y/n pov)

"How long are we going to walk?" Amane whined.

"We took a while to get here. So we might have to down to a inn tonight." I answered him.

We've been traveling for about over two days? I lost track. But I just hope when we get there, I won't have a mission for about a day or two. I haven't been able to rest properly. Well, I suppose my time at the Butterfly Estate counts. But if only I didn't get my arm cut off.

"So how is home?" Amane asked.

"Huh? Home?" I questioned. That was random.

"Oh. Sorry. I thought it was just awkward to walk in silence." Amane chuckled.

"Oh yeah . . ." I replied.

An awkward silence fell upon us.

"Its good. I haven't been home in a few days though." I said awkwardly.
"I hope my mothers are okay." I wondered.

"I'm sure they're alright. What do your mother's do?" He asked.

"Well, they ninjas of some sort. They work for my father." I replied.

"Oh that's- father? I thought you said you had mothers. Well if you know your father, then I'm sure that-" Amane muttered rapidly.

"Amane." I deadpanned. He then looked at me with his expression the same. Amane then sighed.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"Its fine really. You didn't know. And my father has three wives." I told him.

"Huh?!" Amane looked looked like he was about to faint.

"Its a thing with his family. At least that's what he told me." I answered.
"Was he a Shinobi?"
"I don't know. He never told me much about his life. It's not like he knows much of mine anyway."

"Well I guess you're the mystery hashira then." Amane joked.

"Hey! At least I am a hashira!"

We looked at each other.
"Sorry. That was taking it too far."

(Meanwhile)
(Tengen pov)

"You had to much to drink. Put the Sake down!" Shinobu yelled at me trying to get my alcohol out of my hands.

"NO! I DO WHAT I WANT! I'M A GROWN A$$ MAN!!" I chugged more of my Sake while standing on the bed.

I barley see anything. It's all burly. Suddenly, my memories of my life flashed before my eyes.

I started crying.

(Shinobu pov)

I saw Uzui crying?!

"I never got to say I love you!!!" Uzui sobbed.

"Huh?"

"I never got to say I love you to my beautiful wives enough! I might die tomorrow and I never spent enough tine with my family!!!" Uzui clasped on the bed sobbing into the cushions.

". . ."

"And to make matters worse, I never got to call y/n my true daughter!" He cried more. "She's like the daughter I never had. And since she only just got back from recovery, who knows what will happen next. And it doesn't help that she is a half demon."

Uzui then passed out face first into the bed.

" . . . WHAT?!"

(Y/n pov)

I suddenly got chills. What happened?

"Thank you for the food!" Amane shouted.

I was startled. I said the same thing after him and started eating. Sushi.