23

Taehyung doesn't understand the reason for the hushed whispers and the glances thrown towards him by the fellow professors and students alike. This is until he goes to use the washroom and sees himself in the mirror, the red bruises on his neck are on display because he forgot to fix his collar after a point of time. He flushes red when he realises he must be reeking of the Alpha's scent.

To add to the gossip, the guard delivers him a bouquet of baby breath and his favourite chocolates. Taehyung covers his face with his hands, equally giddy and horrified, "Oh, Jeongguk", he mumbles. He can already see the curious gazes of his colleague as he opens the attached envelope.

Dear Possessor Kim,

Taehyung laughs at the ridiculousness, biting his lip when he attracts attention. He keeps the bouquet in front of his face as reads the card.

I saw you at the entrance of your university today and since then you have possessed every cell of my body and every fragment of my soul. Please take responsibility for this torment you have subjected me to. Your victim is in a hospital and the only way to save him is to go out on a date with him.

Please save your princess, Mario.

Taehyung shakes his head, grinning at the stupid letter as dials Jeongguk's number.

"Hello beautiful" The Alpha says as he picks the call.

"Hi, princess", Taehyung replies.

Jeongguk chuckles, "So, are you going to save me or let me die here?"

Taehyung hums, "Depends on how much your patients need you today."

Jeongguk laughs," They will be fine." His voice turns breathy, "Though I won't be if you don't go out with me."

Taehyung smiles, biting his lips, "So, when are you picking me?"

There is a shuffling noise in the Alpha's background, before he answers, "Does 6:30 work?"

"See you, then."

"No worries, Hobi" Taehyung says as he disconnects the call, disappointed. He frowns when the bell rings. He looks at the clock and it's only 5, he wonders if Jeongguk came earlier than planned.

However when he opens the door he is met with Jeon Hana. To no one's surprise she looks ready to lunge at him.

"Hana", He says.

"It seems like my son does not think it necessary to inform me about anything nowadays", She seethes, moving past Taehyung to enter the house.

"Coffee?" Taehyung asks her, as he clears the pile of cloth on the couch under her criticising gaze.

"Tea would be nice", She says as she sits on the couch. "If he would like to sit his ass on this uncomfortable cheap couch instead of the one I personally chose for him, it's not like I can interfere. The least he could do is inform me about your decision to move in."

Taehyung nods, as he boils water. It was Jeongguk's battle, he would not open his mouth and come in front of the arrows she was throwing. Although, the idea of replacing Jeongguk's expensive couch with Taehyung 's nostalgic ones was his own idea.

"I don't see the kids", She remarks after she has ranted for a while.

"They are upstairs in their room, I will call them", He says as he shouts their name from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming daddy"

"Yes daddy"

Both the kids have called them "daddy" instead of 'Tae and Ggukie' unconsciously many times but Taehyung still feels the thump in his heart everytime he hears it. He eyes Hana, to see his reaction but she doesn't show any, instead focusing on scrutinising the house. "Imagine being informed about such a huge decision in my son's life through Yoongi."