26. Hidden pain

"Slept well?"

"Not really. You?"

"not much I guess." He averted his eyes.

She squinted her eyes "Don't lie Naruto."

"Moh! I'm telling the truth." He pouts.

"Yeah yeah. I believe you." She laughed at his expression. "you are such a child."

"Heyyy! Not you too! I'm elder than you. You know!"

"whatever!" She rolled her eyes.

He pouted again.

She smiled "so what's for breakfast?"

"I ordered egg Benedict with fried bacon and apple juice. Do you want anything else?"

"Nah I'm fine. What's the status with Neji Hyuga? Did you talked?"

"It's not some other guy, Hina. He is your elder brother. At least try to accept that!" he sighed "yes I did."

"Sorry. What did he say?"

"He will be here by the evening. We will meet him at the HQ."

"HQ!?" she tilted her head.

The bell rang. Breakfast is here. The boy served the plates on the table and left. Naruto started eating silently.

"You didn't answer."

He sighed. "Let's eat first. You won't like it if it's get cold."

Hinata completed her portion as soon as possible. 'it's now or never. You have to tell me what happened after I left, Naruto.'

They are now sitting on the couch. "The truth has immense pain in it, Hina. Do you still want to know?"

"I'm not weak Naruto. Trust me. I can handle."

He smiled. The most saddest one Hinata has ever seen.

@Hyuga Corp.

"Sir, the earliest available flight is in the afternoon at 12:15 p.m."

"it's fine. Get the arrangements done."

"Yes sir." His assistant left. He entered the Chairman's office.

"Father, there's been an urgent call from UN group. I have to leave for France."

"Is it that boy?"

"Yes"

"is it project related?" he looked up from his file "or something else?"

Neji hesitates for a second to answer this question. It is pointless to lie in front of Hiashi Hyuga. He can see through every cell of your body.

He sighed. "Fine. Just don't be reckless. That boy is not an ordinary one." His facial expression softened. "I can't loose you too."

He nodded.

"Is your sister aware of it?"

"Yes."

"OK."

"May I go?"

"One minute Neji. When you return I want you to meet Mr. Miyamura's daughter. I think this girl is best suited for you and our family."

"Yes father."

He smiled "you may leave."

He bowed and left the room. He met Hanabi on the way.

"Hey ni-san. Are you going home?"