Chapter 41: The Secrets of the Akito Family

CW: Really light mentions of insanity

~~~~~

Aoi was two days in the hospital located on the island, unable to enjoy the rest of the trip. When she woke up she was welcomed by the bright sun coming through the window indicating it was morning.

"W-where am I?" She asked as she sat up slowly and felt her whole body in a lot of pain

"Young Kuro, you are awake," All Might exclaimed, looking at her with concern.

"All Might?" She asked confused

"Ah yes, your classmates were concerned about you, and young Rei was here most of the time worried about your state. I told her that I would look out for you so she could have a little fun" All Might replied

"I see... (I am glad that she gets to have fun, she deserves it)" Aoi thought with a smile but then looked at All Might "How long have I been out?"

"Two days, the doctors gave you some medicine and treatment to restore your bones after surgery," he replied

Aoi moved the blankets and noticed her body was covered in simple casts. The pain was still too much making her heart ache a little.

"I don't remember much of what happened at the end of the battle... I only remember my mind going in circles from my quirk," Aoi commented.

"You saved everyone, you even saved my friend David Shield and his daughter Melissa, saved your classmates, and with all of your help you also freed the hostages" All Might exclaimed "That is something I wanted to thank you for, and thanks to Melissa and David we managed to get the best inventions for medical purposes to make sure that you have no scarring from the battle, as a thank you from us"

Aoi looked at him in surprise. It was kind of strange, he was deflated, he no longer was buffed and strong, he no longer looked heroic, he looked like any regular person. For the first time talking to him, she felt like she was some type of equal to him, but deep inside it made her feel uncomfortable.

"Thank you..." Aoi replied and looked at her hands "But wasn't this all caused by David trying to help you? Why? At some point I understand that you are no longer capable of fighting but what happened for David to create something like that?"

"Young Kuro, I want to apologize to you. I am not the professor you expect me to be, I have no knowledge on how to mentor someone, I have no knowledge on how to guide people, and now I don't have the power to protect others" All Might started, "David told me that he confessed to you and Melissa the fact that my quirk is almost nonexistent in my body, and you might ask yourself why."

"(Did he not mention Midoriya? Is there a reason why he would omit that?)" Aoi thought and remembered some of Midoriya's reactions to what David said about All Might

"My quirk is different from other quirks, and because of the battles I've been through my body is incapable of withstanding it. As your professor, it was my duty to protect you all as students even if we were outside school grounds, but after the battle with All For One I was incapable of doing so. But you, along with your classmates, managed to save everybody, even without having your license"

Aoi remembered the panic attack she had that day on the alley and took a deep breath and let it out, she was sure about what she wanted to do now, but something about All Might made her feel diminished. 

"Can I ask you something? One day you told me that if I ever wanted to talk to you I could... but to be honest I always had this spite against you for deciding to become a professor instead of remaining a hero when you were the symbol of peace, was it because of your quirk?" Aoi asked