Chapter 16: Tour Day

~~~~~

Aoi changed into her hero costume and looked at her new belt. Her previous one had 4 different hooks to tie the chains, but this one had two rounded pieces that inside had a roll of chains, and attached to the belt with a series of magnets.

 Her previous one had 4 different hooks to tie the chains, but this one had two rounded pieces that inside had a roll of chains, and attached to the belt with a series of magnets

Author's note: this is how the new hero costume looks like

"Interesting... then now I can actually tie people better, and now I have even more chains, I should try to come up with a move using these," She said to herself.

She used her quirk to put on her belt and then attach each roll of chains on the sides. She then noticed there was a mirror in the room and attempted to look at herself without looking at her face. She gave a small spin and looked at herself from her new boots to her chest.

"I will definitely miss my chest plate, but this design is nice... well actually I'll miss my old suit in general," she said giving another small twirl.

She then looked up a little and saw her altered reflection once again. Her expression automatically changed from a smile to a frown. 

"You can't avoid me all the time~" the reflection said with a smile.

"When I said I was planning on using you to my advantage, it didn't mean you appearing all the time, even less when I am having questions about stuff, it only makes me nervous and distracts me," Aoi answered.

"I apologize but you can't escape me, I will be here all the time~

"As far as I am aware you were only supposed to appear when there is a need for an alternate personality, and in this case I believe you are not necessary at all" Aoi commented trying to look at what was supposed to be her face, but it felt like a whole different person.

"Do you really think you don't need me? You barely have your life under control~" The reflection said while giving a soft giggle "You still can't make choices, you still can't manage to pick a side. And the worst thing of all, you always doubt your decisions~"

"That is not true at all..."

"Really now? Just so you know, everything you know, I know~ so my thoughts are your thoughts, but I don't fear accepting them" the reflection placed a hand on her cheek while looking at Aoi. Even if she was faceless and only her mouth could be visible, Aoi could feel how the reflection was mocking her.

"Get to the point..." Aoi commented turning her hands to a fist.

"You are still not sure which side to support, the villains or the heroes~ You keep clashing when it should be an easy decision,  but every time you see heroic actions or an 'exemplary hero' your vision changes, that is why I am here, I am that version of you who knows what they want without fearing anything" The reflection's hair moved a little, it still seemed as if it was underwater "So I become stronger every time that clash happens"