Chapter 1: Quirks

POV: OMNISCIENT

It was a new day, one full of colors and life, in a world where everyone possesses something unique. Powers; better known as quirks.

The prestigious academy of heroes finally opened its doors for students to start and continue their academic lives

The prestigious academy of heroes finally opened its doors for students to start and continue their academic lives. This academy was divided into different categories, but it was the most known for the hero course.

Class 1-A, the class for those in the hero course, despite being number one, the class was not considered superior in any way, according to the professors, but people have always known that those in the number 1 class were just different from the rest.

At first glance, there was a wide variety of students. Everybody was distinctive from the others like many different body types related to their quirks, and of course, it was evident that they all had different abilities. Unlike the other classes, this one had 24 students than the typical 20, since this year several of the applicants had exceeded in the admission exam, and it was believed more convenient to keep them all in a single room than to divide them and put some in class 1- B.

Who are we to judge, right?

For being the first day, all the students looked calm, they did not know what to expect on their first day at the grand academy, but there were already people who knew each other before. At the very back of the class, there was a white-haired girl called Aoi, covered in bandages and with remarkable sutures under her left eye, and without anyone looking, she was eating a piece of cake.

"Can't believe you still have the habit of having breakfast in class," said Aikou, a girl with pink hair who was standing next to her. "Guess that after so long without seeing each other, it is nice to see you haven't changed."

"What can I say? My grandma forced me to come early because it is the first day, and well, I would never say no to a piece of cake." Aoi replied while giving the cake a big bite

"Let's hope that our professor won't make a deal about you eating," Aikou replied while looking around. "I wonder who will it be, I hope it is someone really cool."

Aoi put on a serious expression for a moment but then smiled at her. "Let's hope so."

They both giggled. A couple of minutes passed before the teacher in charge of the class arrived, laying down on the floor with a sleeping bag, scaring some of the students standing at the entrance talking—Aizawa Shōta, also known by his hero name, Eraser Head. From just looking at his expression and the way he behaved, one could easily assume that this was a bum, but that person would be the one who would teach the class how to become heroes.

Aoi leaned silently towards Aikou "told you he wouldn't be cool, he looks like a homeless person" she whispered.

"He looks fine tho," Aikou whispered back, but fixed her posture since she noticed that Aizawa glanced towards them.