Chapter 32

NEXT MORNING

We were jolted awake by the cacophony of loud noises coming from outside. It was a morning like no other, the abrupt change in weather catching us all off guard.

As we stumbled out of our tents, the angry voice of an old officer in a uniform greeted us

As we stumbled out of our tents, the angry voice of an old officer in a uniform greeted us. His face was contorted with frustration, and it was clear that something was amiss.

Gabriel,asked with concern, "What's happening outside?" I shook my head, my brow furrowing in confusion. "I don't know, but we should find out."

We hurried to the source of the commotion, where my father and several other officers were already assembled. The old officer, his voice booming with anger, was berating them.

The surroundings had transformed overnight. A thin layer of snow now blanketed the area, and the sudden cold was taking its toll on the survivors. Some huddled together for warmth, while others were trying to assist those who were shivering uncontrollably.

It was a stark reminder that we were at the mercy of not only the virus but also the unpredictable forces of nature.

As we drew closer, I noticed a name tag on the old officer's uniform that read "Victor Jameson."

Victor Jameson was a tall, stern man with a rugged appearance

Victor Jameson was a tall, stern man with a rugged appearance. His face bore the weathered lines of someone who had seen his fair share of hardships.

His piercing eyes were a shade of icy blue, which seemed to match his often cold and unwelcoming demeanor.

Victor had closely cropped salt-and-pepper hair that hinted at his age and experience. He typically dressed in a green military-style uniform, reflecting his role as a commanding officer in these dire times.

His voice, when he spoke, held an air of authority that demanded respect, although it was often laced with annoyance or frustration.

My father, Officer John, stepped forward and addressed him, concern etched on his face. "Sir, we need to consider moving from here. The weather seems to be taking a dangerous turn, and it's becoming unbearably cold. We can't afford to stay here much longer."