{Season 1} Chapter 1 Another Virus?

The world did not end in a bang, or a whisper, but rather, one scream at a time. One after another, people fell to their last days.

Cities crumbled to ashes, countries to wastelands. It was a massacre unlike any other, with no blood, just more death. Soon, the sun set on a blood red horizon, with burnt down grass and destroyed trees. Among the demolished wasteland lies body after body. All different sizes, all different races. And all with their lips open in a scream.

It was the end, with none left to fight. None left to scream as day met the night.

"Ring around the Rosie"

Everyone could see it The dead corpses slaughtering towards the town. It was painful slow watching the cause of your impending doom crawl forward to meet you......

"Pockets brimming full of posies"

Everyone stood and watched them come closer. We had no defense other than our own skill. The ashes of our homes serve as a strong reminder of our position of power and safety in this thinning......

"We all fell down"

****
2023 29 December

On New Year's night, my friends and I gathered together to celebrate

On New Year's night, my friends and I gathered together to celebrate. We were filled with excitement as we danced, enjoyed party drinks, and laughed the night away. The atmosphere was electrifying, with music blasting through the speakers and colorful lights illuminating the room.

As the time for the countdown approached, we all gathered in a circle, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new year. Ten, nine, eight... The anticipation built with each passing second. But just as we reached three, a sudden flash alert message appeared on everyone's phone, instantly stealing our attention.

 But just as we reached three, a sudden flash alert message appeared on everyone's phone, instantly stealing our attention

The message read: "Emergency Alert: An unknown virus has spread in the streets of America. Take immediate precautions and stay indoors. More information to follow."

Silence fell over the room as we exchanged worried glances. The joyful atmosphere abruptly shifted to one of concern and confusion. Questions swirled through our minds. What virus? How did it spread so quickly? What precautions should we take?

In an instant, the carefree celebration transformed into a tense and anxious situation. We scrambled to find more information, desperately refreshing news websites and social media platforms. Fear crept into our hearts as we realized the gravity of the situation unfolding outside.

Phones buzzed with updates and notifications, each one bringing more alarming news. Reports of increasing infection rates and overwhelmed hospitals flooded our screens. It became clear that we were facing a crisis unlike anything we had ever experienced.

I was with my best friend Lisa at the party

Lisa my dearest best friend,

a remarkable individual with a heart as warm as her radiant smile. She exuded kindness, always there to offer support in times of need.

Lisa's intelligence shone through her insightful conversations and quick wit, making every moment spent together enjoyable and thought-provoking. Her adventurous spirit kept life exciting, and her unwavering loyalty made her an irreplaceable part of my life.

When the message flashed on our screens fear gripped us like a vice, and our hearts pounded in our chests. As we read the message, a chilling realization sank in: this virus was unlike anything we had ever imagined.

Unable to quell our curiosity and growing concern, we turned on the news, hoping for more information. What we saw left us horrified and petrified.

The screen displayed scenes of utter chaos and destruction. Images of people in a frenzied state, attacking and devouring one another, filled the broadcast. The streets were engulfed in flames, billowing smoke casting an apocalyptic haze over the city.

Tears welled up in our eyes as we witnessed the unimaginable unfolding before us. It felt like a scene straight out of a horror movie.

Panic surged through our bodies as we realized the severity of the situation. Our once joyous celebration had transformed into a fight for survival.

Lisa and I clung to each other, seeking solace and reassurance in our friendship. We knew we had to act quickly to ensure our safety.

As we made our way through the party, the atmosphere had shifted from jubilant to frantic. People hurriedly packed their belongings, desperately seeking an escape from the encroaching darkness. The air was thick with fear and desperation.

The streets were a chaotic battleground. Sirens blared, piercing through the night, as emergency vehicles raced past. The once-familiar cityscape had turned into a haunting labyrinth of destruction and despair.

Buildings were ablaze, casting an eerie glow across the scene.

Lisa turned to me with a perplexed expression. "Is this virus related to COVID that we had before?" she asked, her voice trembling with uncertainty.

I paused for a moment, trying to gather my thoughts amidst the chaos surrounding us. "I don't know, Lisa," I replied, my voice filled with concern. "It doesn't seem like the same virus.

The news showed people attacking and biting each other, like... like zombies."

Lisa's eyes widened in disbelief. "Zombies? But that's just in movies, right?"

I nodded, a mix of fear and disbelief gripping my heart. "I thought so too, but what we've seen so far... it's like something out of a nightmare. Whatever this virus is, it seems to have turned people into mindless, violent creatures."

With a rush of adrenaline, Lisa and I sprinted towards our car,

our hearts pounding in our chests. The desperation to escape the nightmare unfolding around us fueled our every step. As we reached the safety of the car, a momentary sense of relief washed over us.