Chapter 15

Suddenly, my eyes caught something on her hand-a chilling sight that sent shivers down my spine-

a bite mark!!

My heart raced, and I could feel panic rising within me. "Everyone, step back!" I shouted, my voice trembling. "She's infected!"

Jen, Liam, and Jack looked at me in surprise, unsure of what I had seen. But the urgency in my voice made them react swiftly, immediately putting distance between themselves and that women.

"What are you talking about?" Jack asked, his eyes narrowing with concern.

I pointed to her hand, trying to steady my voice as I explained, "There's a bite mark on her hand,

just like the ones we've seen on infected people before. We can't risk staying close to her."

That women's tearful plea echoed through the room, her desperation tugging at our hearts. "No, please, don't leave me," she cried, her voice filled with anguish. "I have a baby. I can't do this alone."

Tears welled up in Jen's eyes as she struggled to find the right words. "We want to help you," she said softly, her empathy evident, "but we can't risk putting the rest of our group in danger.

She clutched her swollen belly, her face contorted with both fear and sorrow.

"Please, I can't go on like this," she pleaded, her voice desperate. "I need someone to be there for me."

Jack stepped forward, his resolve unwavering despite the emotional weight of the situation. "We can't risk exposing ourselves to the infection," he stated firmly.

"It's not just our lives at stake; it's the lives of everyone in our group."

I approached her, my voice trembling as I tried to convey the gravity of the situation.

"Listen, you're showing signs of infection," I said, trying to remain as gentle as possible. "We can't risk being near you. Your baby may already be infected."

Tears streamed down her face as she clutched her pregnant belly, the weight of the news sinking in. "No," she whispered, her voice trembling with disbelief. "It can't be true. I can't lose my baby."