Fear and Hope

At this point only two contestants had not gone down to the hell scape at least once, and it had been four hours of non-stop torture. It was almost like medieval torture devices in the pipes. Only 11 contestants remained at this point, Asahi was not one of them.

Everybody had blood splattered on the walls of their pipe and all of their body. Many people had began to tear up their shirts in order to use it to constrict the blood flow of some of their wounds. Gojo had been the only one remotely okay due to his infinity, but the events that messed with oxygen, temperature, or gas was getting to him. Just standing up for that long was getting to a lot of people.

Gojo and Megumi were practically going insane waiting to be dropped into the hell scape. A lot of people had already gone twice, but they hadn't even gone at all.

Megumi often times had been caught laughing but also yelling. Practically going insane.

Right now Megumi was banging on the glass pipe, yelling and screaming incoherently.

As another blade stopped right above Gojo's head, and it went right through the middle of everybody else's the trap door under Gojo dropped.

Gojo went flying down a dark tunnel and landed on his feet in the middle of what looked to be a grand bedroom. He heard the sound of covers rustling, and soft moaning. He walked over to the bed and saw Megumi naked...on top of you.

Not again. Gojo could see this wasn't you or Megumi, but it hurt regardless. Gojo tried to grab Megumi and pull him off of you, but the image changed. He looked around. You were lying on the ground, naked on the cold floor, with your pregnant stomach bleeding, sobbing.

Again, he tried to grab you, but the image changed. He looked around again, looking for the curse responsible for this, but the amount of cursed energy, plus the trials he had been put through above were really taking a toll on him. He was now looking up at you, a giant you.

"Satoru...who is that again? Oh right the man who abandoned me...."

The giant you stepped on Gojo, but the image changed. You were on your knees for Sukuna.

The images of you forgetting him and moving on were everywhere. After a while Gojo couldn't take it anymore. He began to sob. He lied down on the ground and just curled up in a ball in a moment of weakness, unable to take it. He began to realize, even if he did win the games, you probably already moved on from him, when suddenly the image disappeared. A soft hand gently caressed his chin, and lifted up his face. He looked up, and it was you. His six eyes could not believe it. It really was you.

He immediately stood up, but you were no where to be found. However, the moment had left his senses sharpened. He used his six eyes and immediately saw the cursed spirit that was causing this. He ran towards the thing that was no bigger than a rat and squashed it into a pile of blood and guts with his foot. He was teleported to the edge of the arena right in front of his banner.

People were booing. He saw that nine people including Megumi still remained in the pipes.

"We have our first winner! Gojo Satoru..." Sukuna glared down at the man, "...he has defeated his beast and automatically moves on. Take off his patch and let him heal himself."

A soldier came over and ripped off his curse reversal patch, and he immediately began to heal himself. As he did so he watched as Megumi laughed and laughed in his pipe. Blood covered his body, and he laughed as he tried to use curse reversal in the pipe. It was truly horrifying what Megumi had become. Suddenly he was sucked down his pipe. Five minutes later, he was teleported out, covered in even more blood, on his knees, laughing.

As the times went on, four more contestants failed. Everybody else had lasted through the terrible abuse and the fight with their beast. Gojo and Megumi were the only ones who had beaten it.

 Sukuna glared and grabbed your wrist while the crowd was distracted by the victory, "Get out now. We're going back to the palace after this."

He watched as you walked through the exit of the luxury box, and soon after he stood up to address the crowd. "Congratulations champions! The time of narrowing down the number has ended short this year. Since we now have the right amount of people, we will begin our scoring system. Over the course of the next week you seven will be put through several tests to test your abilities. The better you preform in the tests, the more points you get. The two in last place will then compete in a race. The person who comes out on top will stay in the competition. Due to the nature of the next few days, you will by no means be receiving a clue." Sukuna was obviously pissed. He waved the contestants off and exited the luxury box.

. . .

"GET MEGUMI IN HERE NOW!"  Sukuna yelled in his bedroom. He had his robe on, and you were trying to calm him down.

"Ryomen! I promise you're okay-" He shoved you off his arm.

"Get the fuck off me and get into bed. I don't have time for this bullshit."

Sukuna stormed out of the bedroom and slammed the door.

You stared at the door before sighing and returning to your side of the bed and getting under the covers. The silk comforter caressed your soft body, as your night gown slid up your thigh. You bit the inside of your cheek just trying to stifle your sobs, but it was no use. Sukuna was usually so gentle with you, but he was obviously scared. Gojo was making it further than he thought he would with no issue. He had purposely rigged the first challenge so Gojo would be paired up with the two weakest sorcerers, and he made sure the beast Gojo had to fight would be the most emotionally draining option.

You wiped your tears but more just kept flowing. You tried your best to stay silent, and soon heard the sound of yelling. You listened closely, trying to decipher the words being yelled.

"I PUT YOU IN THIS COMPETITION TO KNOCK HIM OUT OF IT, BUT YOU CAN BARELY EVEN SNAG FIRST PLACE AGAINST HIM! MY WIFE IS ON THE LINE HERE! YOUR CONCUBINE IS ON THE LINE HERE MEGUMI. GET THAT IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD!" The sound of footsteps was heard travelling down the hall to the bedroom.

You sat up in bed and watched Sukuna enter the room, he slammed the door and walked over to you. "We're doing the ritual now." His voice was shaky and unsure.

"But it's too early-"

"I don't give a shit if it's too early. Let me put it in ya' and preform the ritual. I can't wait another day."

"Ryomen-"

Sukuna finished drawing a circle made up of cursed energy around the bed. He climbed on the bed and roughly smashed his lips against yours, he was being rough. He was excited and wanted to get this done. He wanted to ensure, you were his.