Multiplying Negatives does not Necessarily Make a Positive

"Is there any chance you're joking? Any at all?" Gojo smiled absently.

"No. None at all," Yuta looked up at his teacher.

"Is there any chance I wasn't at my best?"

"No. You were doing amazing. It was Sukuna who didn't even use his cursed technique. He used Megumi's."

"How could he use Megumi's technique? It's hereditary...wait Itadori wasn't possessed by Sukuna anymore when he was in here I felt it. Does that mean...?"

"Yeah it does." Yuta looked grim.

This hit Gojo hard. Megumi had been his student since he was five. Gojo had raised the boy since he himself was sixteen. He was the father figure in Megumi's life, and now Megumi was possessed and controlled by Sukuna.

"Well we can save him right? If he got out of Yuji's body we can get him out of Megumi's-"

"Gojo, the thing is...once Sukuna ate all 20 fingers plus his severed head, he was taken out of Megumi's body and given his own. Megumi survived right after the fight, but he was taken by Sukuna and we have no idea where he is," Yuta turned on the small TV in the room.

The room. Gojo looked around. It was what seemed to be a hospital. An abandoned one at that. It was humid, musty, and rats were running in and out of the little holes on the bottom of the wall. He shuddered and tried to ignore the distinct smell of corpses that inhabited the place. He looked at the screen as Yuta set it up.

"There we go. Look at the screen." It was a tape recording of the fight against him and Sukuna. Sukuna punched Gojo out of the air as two of Megumi's shikigami surrounded him. Gojo was on his knees, unable to move in front of Sukuna. Gojo vomited out the last finger, and after wiping it off, Sukuna ate it. 

A horrific thing happened after that. Another body grew out of the back of Megumi's body, and Megumi tumbled to the floor. It was Sukuna. Megumi meanwhile was horrified.

Shoko stopped the recording. Yuta gave Shoko a confused look and she silently shook her head. Yuta sighed and looked back at Gojo.

"Well? What happened after that?" Gojo stared at the two.

"Sukuna sealed you again-"

"Again?!"

"October 31st, 2018, the Shibuya Incident. Kenjaku, who had possessed Geto's dead, and several other intelligent cursed spirits trapped you in a crowd so you couldn't use your cursed techniques and sealed you in the prison realm. You were in there for two months during the culling games, and you were finally unsealed so you could fight Sukuna," Shoko looked down solemnly. Shoko always was unaffected by things. She was uncaring and indifferent, but it was obvious this affected her.

Gojo thought he saw some tears, but Shoko turned around before the two men could get a good look.

"Anyways, during the course of a month while you were sealed the second time, Sukuna revealed the government secret of Jujutsu Sorcery and Curses. The people were obviously angry, so he staged a coup with the support of over half the population of Japan." Yuta pulled out a couple pictures. 

"Half the population?!" Gojo looked dumbfounded.

"Well, when you have over 127,000 people die from unknown causes over the course of 20 years, people are bound to be angry."

"Right..." That quickly shut Gojo up. The reality of being a Jujutsu sorcerer was that so many people went either missing, or their death was so gruesome or unusual it was better just to keep the cause of death a secret for the sake of the families.

"After the coup, you were unsealed, and you were crucified along with the Kamo clan heads, and your parents. Now your body is under a barrier that keeps your body perfectly preserved right in front of the capital building," Yuta handed the pictures to Gojo. Gojo looked horrified. His parents were hanging dead, along with him.