twelve. right beside you

Start from the beginning

The place was gorgeous. Just looking at it filled Jin to the brim with feelings of eagerness and joy.

Some cheers came from the other crews as D-COY made their appearance, Jin chuckling silently to herself whilst her crewmates began to wave and pose before actually walking into the place.

"Oh my God!" R.2 exclaimed excitedly as she marveled at the large pool presented in front of her very eyes.

"It's so large." Gigi remarked.

"Look at all the floats and the water guns!" Yeong pointed out excitedly as she grinned widely.

"We're about to have a field day." Gigi chuckled.

"Walk with speed. The faster we get to our cabana, the faster we get to play." Jin told the girls, smiling a bit as she led them over to the cabana that had her crew's banners adorning it.

Once they made it, Jin's crewmates put down their items and began to take off their cover-ups rather quickly, as they all seemed quite eager to get in the pool.

Gigi took Yeong by the hand and immediately dragged her into the pool with her, both girls laughing happily as they swam around in the water.

Meanwhile, R.2 was quick to rush over to the pathway leading to the swing, a big smile plastered on her face as she began to lean back and forth while standing on the wooden surface.

"You're not going to swim, Soul?" Jin asked Soul, who was still sitting beside her at the cabana.

"No, I don't feel like it at the moment." Soul replied as she shook her head, gently kicking her feet in the water.

"Well then stand up. At least put some sunscreen on." Jin said as she stood up and held up a bottle of sunscreen.

"Right, I almost forgot." Soul said, giving a quick bow of appreciation before opening the bottle and putting some sunscreen on her hand before applying it to the most exposed parts of her body.

"I've got your back." Jin said as she took the bottle from Soul, squeezing some sunscreen onto her fingers before lathering Soul's back and the back of her legs with it.

"What about you? You're not going to swim either?" Soul asked as she rubbed up and down her left arm.

"I will in a minute." Jin replied, Soul giving her a nod of understanding.

"I'm going to go pick up some drinks." Soul said, snapping her fingers before pointing to where the cooler was, then she walked off.

Jin nodded and sat back down, holding a pillow on her lap as she waited for Soul to return.

Whilst waiting, she began to gaze at all the other crews who had arrived and as she did, she began to smile subconsciously. It was so nice to see everyone enjoying their break and having a good time.

Everyone was either swimming, relaxing, or playing with their water guns.

Jin felt like it was almost impossible to not bond over dance.

Even if they were all in a competition, dance was such a fun and amazing thing and it really brought people together.

Jin felt like this whole experience was healing her.