14

[ Blith Library | 5PM ]

The seven boys has finished theirs sculpture after two or three days after the match so they could focus on studying or practicing for the upcoming events. it's already the 22th of the month, they have to turn in the assessment on January 27th. The New Year Festival Rehearsal will be held on next Friday, January 28th. Then the festival will be held on Monday, February 1st. They have to board the flight on February 4th, attend WSC in Washington DC on 5th, then WBC(U20) in Chicago on 6th. They all have a lot on their plate.

"why am i wrong here?" Jay questioned as he point to a question Sunghoon marked as wrong. "because it's simply wrong" Sunghoon answered making the latter scoff in annoyance, "then what's the answer?" Jay asked, "it's in the book, find it" Sunghoon reply making Jay grits his teeth in annoyance, "I don't think this will work, why did Jungwon has to be sick today? you're not helping at all Park Sunghoon" Jay complain making Jake sigh. "we're just not compatible with each other" Sunghoon reply in monotone.

"you just—you mixed up the date of the countries independence day" Jake answered, resolving the conflicts between the two to avoid further bickering. The three is currently studying for the WSC as Jay have a spares time before a band meeting on half after five later that evening. "speaking of Jungwon, he looks so pale for the past two days" Jake continue.

"I see that, but he just said he hasn't been feeling well so I shrug it off" Sunghoon reply, "When I was at his house, his mother kept checking on him too, it must be sucks to have a low immune, when you got sick, it's severe" Jay adds, "He seems to be struggling yesterday, he looks like he is out of breath" Jake continue making the two nod. "it's 5:14, finish the last question" Sunghoon ordered making Jay scoff before he reach for his pen and write down his points.

"have you been consuming your medication on time Jungwon?" the doctor questioned making the younger sigh as he glance out the window, laying on the hospital bed

"have you been consuming your medication on time Jungwon?" the doctor questioned making the younger sigh as he glance out the window, laying on the hospital bed. "I am, maybe I'm late a few times but why does it matter? It has been 10 years...I don't have any expectations on living" Jungwon reply making his mother look away as she try to hold in her emotions. "Still, the past medications make you here, it does matter" the doctor utter.

Jungwon's blood hasn't been pumping well through his body, some part of the body is late to receive the needed amount of blood making him dizzy and pale for the past days which he claimed to be a fever when he knows exactly what is going on in his body as it's not his first time experiencing the symptoms.

"had you faint recently?" the doctor asked, "yesterday, after school" Jungwon answered calmly, still isn't facing the medical officer which leave his mother surprise as she has no clue about the incident. "you fainted?" his mom questioned as she grab his son shoulder making the younger sigh. "after Jay went back home before taking shower" Jungwon confessed, "how long?" the doctor asked "20 to 30 minutes?around that" Jungwon answered which shocked the two.

"you should've told me yesterday Yang Jungwon!" his mom scolded him, "or you could've come forme when i was late for my medication and dinner" Jungwon reply, shutting the older mouth, the mother was right, but he was right too. It's all about their perspectives. "I promise to eat my medication on time, can I go home now? I can't miss WSC, I need to study, I need to help my friends too" Jungwon continue as he turn to the doctor in charge.

"the Worldwide School Camp and Contest? you'll attend it?" the doctor asked make the younger nod, "It's fixed, we can't back out. I can go, right?" Jungwon asked, slight hesitation can be heard from his voice. The doctor know he can't do anything, he can't save him, he decides to let him do everything he desired to because he knew Jungwon is right. It has been 10 years since his diagnosis, this year is his last year and he's lucky enough to live through these 10 years. Unless a miracle occur which save him for a few more years.

"of course, and you can go home after the IV finish. Just make sure to eat your medicines, okay?" the doctor asked as he give him a small smile which he mirror. "I will, thank you" Jungwon reply making the doctor nod before leaving the mother and the son together.

"me and your dad haven't signed the agreement" the mother utter, "mom, just once. just 3 days, I really want to go" Jungwon plead making the mother look down before sighing, "fine, for this once, Yang Jungwon. I'll tell your father, he'll let you go if I let you" the mother reply in defeat. If that what makes Jungwon happy, then she must let him. Jungwon don't even went to the past school trip, he didn't want to, but he asked to go somewhere for the first time.

"but promise me one thing, make sure to let me know if you're feeling unwell again.. don't keep it to yourself" the mother asked him to promised her, making him nod after a few second of silence. "can I tell you something then?" Jungwon asked which make the older nod right away, "It's a little weird, but I keep thinking about them. Jay and others since the day I spent overnight at Jake's, I feel curious about them, are we friends? or just classmates? but they feel a little more attached" Jungwon confessed making the mother smile.

"you went to the match on last Saturday because you guys planned to do so, right? to show support Riki and Heeseung" The mother reply making the son nod, "friends make plans, you care about them even out of the school, then they're your friends. if they're only your classmates, you won't agree to help Jay with his study and force that Sunghoon guy to help too" his mother clear out his thoughts. They're friends. Jungwon doesn't want a friend, he doesn't want to disappoint people but there is something about their bond too. something he couldn't let go.