24

[ Monday | 12PM ]

[ Monday | 12PM ]

To their surprise, Sunoo didn't attend school today. It's the first day of the mid year examination but he's not present, what's even odd about it is the teachers doesn't ask anything about his absenteeism like they always did to anyone. They're now having their recess after their first and second subject papers, which is English and Korean, They'll have History & Humanities before could call it a day.

"Sunoo didn't reply to my text" Riki utter as he put down his phone making the other nod in worry, "Is he sick?" Jake question before he take a bite of his meal. "yesterday, he said his grandmother was in a critical condition" Jay reply, "I heard about that too" Heeseung continue making the latter confuse, "how?" Sunghoon asked before Jay could, "I Just—ran into him. He's making his way back from the hospital" Heeseung answered, lowkey panicking inside.

"He make his way back around half after one in the morning. what are you doing, outside, at that time?" Jay asked as a frown appears on the guy face. "I—I was taking a walk, okay?" Heeseung answered within seconds making them turn to the guy with a suspicious gaze. "Lee Heeseung, you're lying aren't you?" Jungwon utter as he look at the boy, full of doubt making him sigh as he rub the back of his neck, cursing, deep down in his heart. "fine, I—I attend something..but that was the last one, I swear, That will be my last ra—tracks.." Heeseung whispered shout within the five students.

"track..are you involved in a racing?illegally?" Riki asked with a frown, "I told you before..I'm not someone you can be friend with" Heeseung reply as he look down, but Jake nugde his elbow making him turn to the latter. "you said its your last one, that means you're quitting. then it's good enough, right?" Jake utter as he look at the others making them nod, "you're..nice. A little cold at first but nice" Jungwon continue, "nonetheless, you're still sarcastic but a great person to spend time with" Sunghoon added making Heeseung scoff and smile. "you're..cooler than I thought too but I hope you can stop that one habit, I saw you yesterday" Heeseung remind him making his eyes widen in surprise, "you haven't stop?" Jungwon questioned with a frown making Sunghoon sigh.

"about that, I'm trying my best, really. There's just have been around four to six times I did it since the trip, that's good enough" Sunghoon explain. "what is this conversation about? why are we clueless?" Riki asked in curiousness making Jay nod. "I...I—whatever, it's something related with, cigarettes.." Sunghoon whispered the last word of his sentence, loud enough for the two to hear which shocked them. "you what? seriously?" Jay questioned before the latter nod, "I would have thought Heeseung is the one who's going to do that" Riki utter, "are you insane?My parents are sensitive to that kind of smell, they'll find out right away" Heeseung reply, "they're a medical expert for a reason" Jake continue making the other agree.

 "you what? seriously?" Jay questioned before the latter nod, "I would have thought Heeseung is the one who's going to do that" Riki utter, "are you insane?My parents are sensitive to that kind of smell, they'll find out right away" Heeseung reply...

"before you start another paper, I have a sad news" Mr Joo inform making the students confuse. "as you guys aware, your classmates, Kim Sunoo didn't attend school today." He utter making the latter group friend nervous as they are worried if something happens to the latter out of school or worse, he is going to be force out of the school. "I was informed that his grandmother passed away this morning and I decide to exclude him from today's tests, If you have some time, and knew his address, maybe you can pay him a visit after school" The homeroom teacher continue, resulting silence across the classroom.

"now Sunoo is alone, please welcome him with the warmest wishes when he come back tomorrow" Mr Joo continue making the whole classroom shocked. "alone?" one of the students asked, "his parents has passed away when he was 15, his now late grandmother have been in the hospital for the past four years" Mr Joo answered making the six so surprise before they glance at each other. "so that's why his parents never pick up the call.." Riki mumble as he remembered the night he made the latter called his mother but ended up with a voicemail.

"but how do you know his house?" Jungwon asked as they stood in front of Sunoo's apartment making Heeseung rub behind of his neck awkwardly

"but how do you know his house?" Jungwon asked as they stood in front of Sunoo's apartment making Heeseung rub behind of his neck awkwardly. "He saw me yesterday and I sent him home" Heeseung reply making the other nods. "hit him up, we don't know his unit number" Jake say as he nudge Riki's by his elbow making the latter take out his phone, searching for the boy name in his contact before an old man stop near them making them all turn to him as he stare at them from head to toe making them smile awkwardly, "are you looking for Kim Sunoo? I believe you guys went to Blith by your uniform" the old man questioned making them surprise as they exchange glances with each other before nodding.

"then why are here and not--ah.. you guys never been here, huh? his unit is on the third floor, 03-04-07" the old man inform before he walk away making the six speechless. "what was that..can we trust him?" Riki questioned as he frown, turning to the others. "we can try, let's go" Jay utter as he lead the way to the apartment elevator, pushing the button to the third floor before the elevator moves to the said floor within minutes.

03-04-07

"call him to open the door, he wrote to not ring the bell" Sunghoon instructed as he point at the small note pasted right above his unit doorbell. Heeseung take out his phone before calling the latter right away, "where you at?" Heeseung asked as Sunoo pick the call up, "home,why?" Suno reply, sounding a little tired, maybe because he need to go back and forth between his house and the hospital a few times for the day including the morning incident. "open the door" Heeseung utter making the boy on the other side confuse, "why?" He asked, "just because, faster" Heeseung reply as he cut the call making the latter speechless.

Sunoo get off the couch and unlocked his front door, pull it open and surprise to see the six standing in front of his unit, "why..are you guys here?" Sunoo asked in confusion before he realized that they are still in their school uniform. "We thought you could use a company today" Jungwon reply as he casually make his way into the latter unit making Sunoo surprise as he move aside, letting them in before closing the door. The six put things they bought for the latter on the dining table before they take a seat in the boy living room. Sunoo's house always has been quiet and empty, a sight of these boys filling the space look so foreign to him after all those years living alone.

"what are those?" Sunoo asked, pointing at the few plastic bags brought by them as he take a seat with them. "fruits and few thing could be use for a memorial or funeral" Jake answered on their behalf make the latter mouth gap in surprise, "I don't think I can do memorial, it'll cost a lot of money..I have to manage it all alone too..." Sunoo sigh, "about that too, you could've said that you live alone, why do you kept it?" Riki question making Sunoo let out another sigh, "why should I reveal it? it bring no difference. It's not like there'll be a parents meet up between us" Sunoo reply.

"still, since we're close now..there shouldn't be any secrets within us. If you're having a hard time, then the other will gladly help, like now" Heeseung utter, making them nod. but deep down, four of them are afraid if their big secrets get revealed, heavy on the class vice president.

—————————————————————
secrets within III