Chapter 2: Arcana

"Will the boy be alright?" Asks the cloaked man as he watches one of the Arcana Famiglia members tend to the unconscious boy. He stood beside a doctor who wore a tuxedo with a red cross symbol on a band wrapped around his arm.

He has been tending to the boy since the two had arrived at the mansion. His hair was of violet color with emerald eyes. His height was average and so was his build. He had a fair complexion as well. SO far, he was proven to have a pleasant personality.

"Do not worry, sir." Replies the man as he finished wrapping the boy in bandages. "He'll be as good as new once he wakes up."

Earlier that noon, he witnessed the Arcana Famgilia take down the men, putting then in chains as they were dragged off to be interrogated. He and the blue-haired boy, who introduced himself as Nova, conversed of his reason of being there. His newfound friend suggested that he bring the matter to their leader (whom they call Papa) to deal with the matter. His horse, unfortunately, had died for it was shot straight into its chest. The loss weighed heavily on the man, who told them that she was his constant companion for a long time.

They brought him to their headquarters where the boy was being tended to. They hoped that he would wake soon so that his parents won't worry for too long to find their son or employee gone. Nova had some of the famiglia members stay guard at the stables to take over the boy's job for the moment while he was gone.

He hasn't seen their boss though, but an appointment has been made. The stranger noticed that they paid high respect for this man. He wondered why though. From his observation, he noticed that they regarded him with the highest respect they could give as if he was their savior. Or maybe their boss was a powerful man that they looked up to him. Perhaps he did save them from whatever problem they or he had such power, but either way the stranger became eager to see the famiglia head.

"How bad are his wounds?" He ask, worried.

The doctor examines the boy before replying. "Well, he just experienced some bruises and a slight bump on the head. Over all he's fine. Nothing to worry about."

The stranger gazes at the boy, who slept soundly, "I feel responsible for his injuries." He says, surprising his companion.

"Why would you say that?" The man asks.

"Those men wanted my horse and he defended it. That's why." He replies.

"That's understandable."

"But even so. It was my horse, he defended it, he got hurt for it." The blue-eyed man repeated.

"Don't blame yourself." Says the man. "What he did was courageous. Instead of feeling guilty, you should be proud of the boy."

"Perhaps." The stranger replies skeptically.

"And besides, we are partially responsible for what happened to the boy."

"Why?" He asks.

The Arcana member stood up and fixed his coat before turning to the cloaked stranger, "As Nove introduced us, we are the Arcana Famiglia. We protect this town of Regalo and control the finances, security, foreign affairs, intervention, and inspections."

"To be blunt about it," interjects the man, "The famigilia controls everything in this town?"

"Well. . . we fill in the responsibilities of a government here." The man rephrases what the stranger said.

"So, how are things coming along?" He asks.

His companion chuckles, "I can't inform a complete stranger of the affairs of this island. Let alone a traveler."