Chapter 19

I liked being in my warm bed, with blankets instead of laying on the Kelpie's chest while the cold air nipped at my skin. It would have been better if he got in the bed with me, but noo I just had to come down here. I was a bit frustrated but at the most I was cold, me and cold did not go together.

I got off of the floor and shouted at him " why did you bring me down here! "

" because you said in your sleep that you were lonely. So I brought you down here with me since I was already in your bed last time, why not try something different " he spoke softly choosing his words carefully

Wow he actually said every word I wanted to hear but there was one more thing, except I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to say it. I didn't mention it while I spoke to him.

" anyway. I'm going to take a shower. Please do not come in with me! " I blushed from thinking about last time

He nodded his head I walked to the stairs, he yelled " wait! hold on! "

I turned around and hoped down from one of the steps to look him in the eyes, he was already in front of me as I turned around. In a flash he placed one hand on my back the other wrapped around my waist, I lifted one leg straight into the air as I dipped and kissed me.

I put my hands on his neck, then as he released me I took a breath. Ah he took my breath away, it felt so nice. The way his lips melted on mine, the taste of his poison controlling my body. I wanted more.

He whispered " honey I'm coming home late tonight, is that okay? "

I nodded yes since the words would not even come out of my mouth, how could he sway me like his. I was just frustrated with him, now I'm blown out of this world by his kiss. What's going on!

He let me go, I plopped on the stairs like a frog. Empty minded and woozy the Kelpie spoke again

" weren't you going to take a shower? "

I sprung up " huh....oh yeah.....thanks for reminding me "

' What a start of the day this has been ' I thought as I ran up the stairs escaping my embarrassment

......

As soon as I got out of the shower, the door slammed downstairs. I'm guesting the Kelpie had left. So I started dressing, plaid mini-skirt, white tank top and small pull over sweatshirt. Then black high tops.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, pulling out Greek yogurt and a spoon. I sat down on the couch, next to Elaine who was watching TV all night. Dark circles under her eyes, her posture was terrible. She used to be so neat and clean, now she's just a slob. Why was she even living in my house anyway? It's not like she was my sister, I don't even have siblings. Just me.

I kind of wanted her out of my house, she looked at me and grunted.

" your being weird Elaine, what happened to you? It's like you changed overnight " I acted worried but I wasn't, this was probably a phase she was going through. She would bounce right back to the way she was in a couple of days.

" I'm going out, don't wait for me "

She stood up slowly, I heard all of her joints pop and crack as she headed to the front door. She hadn't even taken a shower, I bet everyone will ovoid her on the street.

Around five hours, Elaine came back clean fresh and bouncy like she used to be.

" hey-yo! I'm back bitches! "

I strode up to her and said excitedly " what bit you on the ass "

" the happy bug " she jumped up and down, misplacing her foot and falling.

I laughed hard and loud grabbing my stomach, I couldn't breathe.

" hahahahahhahahahahhaha....... breathe......hahahahahahahahhahahah" 

She stood up slowly pulling me into the kitchen. She made me cook steak that was in the fridge.

By the time she finished tenderizing, I was watching the 10-o-clock news. I put it in the oven and told her to wait two hours.

......

Two hours later the timer on the steak went off, I got up and headed over to the kitchen when a loud bang hit the front door.

I looked at Elaine she didn't even look back at me. I headed to the front door, slowly unlocking and opening it.

Kelpie? He was standing there holding his bleeding side. His face pale and sweaty. Blood was also swiped on his cheek.

He fell to his knees, huffing air in and out.

"......Elaine.....is.....a....." He blacked out in the middle of his sentence

" Elaine is a...." I muttered to myself

What was he about to say, I turned my head slowly to jump back in surprise. Elaine standing so close behind me, she breathing on my neck.

" I'm a what? " she smiled

I switched my gaze from her to him, then him to her. Elaine was acting strange and creepy, I think I'll lock my door tonight.

Oh wait, I don't have a door.....damn.