Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I left school with a huge tan bandage on my cheek, I got on the bus and sat in the back. Once the bus stopped at my house I quickly got off and ran up the stairs, I couldn't take one more minute at school or doing something school related.

I unlocked the door and walked into the house, mama and papa were cooking in the kitchen. When they both saw my face, I wiped the tears away from my face. Mama dropped the pot she was holding that made a loud metallic pang.

She ran over to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulder said " sweetheart what happened ", I laughed but there were hiccups in my voice

I said " he hit me "

Papa turned off the stove and said " who "

" the Kelpie "

They both went quiet, mama said

" he hit you " mama was about to go overboard, this had become a fragile situation, one wrong move and she would kill somebody.

" show me where he hit you "

I slowly ripped the bandage off and showed her the swollen red cut on my cheek, I looked at mama her eye twitched a few times before she did calming breaths in and out. I said

" then he kicked me after I was on the ground "

Mama's face turned red with anger and she yelled at papa

" HONEY I WANT YOU TO HUNT DOWN THIS BOY, AND BY WHATEVER MEANS BRING HIM BACK HERE. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO KNOCK HIM OUT OR TIE HIM UP "

Papa laughed and said " I'm going to have fun with this "

Papa turned off the stove, grabbed his jacket and walked outside the house. In a matter of seconds he was gone, mama pulled me to the bathroom and said

" come on we need to get you fixed up, I am going to make this boy apologize "

​​​​​...

A few hours later papa came walking up the stairs followed by four other heavy footsteps, I heard papa say through his teeth

" try anything funny and I will kill you "

I didn't hear the Kelpie say anything back, papa opened the door and walked in followed by the Kelpie in his horse form with a strong glowing rope around his neck. His ears were back as far as they would go, apparently he was pissed- but who wouldn't be. But also covered in cuts a scratches, probably papa's fault.

Mama and I sat down at the table, mama looked at him then at me and said

" your in love with a horse.... A HORSE, THIS THING HIT YOU "

I said " mama he can turn into a human when he wants to and I'm not in love with him, I was just trying to be his friend "

The Kelpie said " HA, I already told you I wouldn't forgive someone like you "

Mama yelled " IT TALKS!!!! "

The Kelpie yelled sarcastically " OH. MY. GOD. I CAN TALK "

Mama snapped " don't be a smart aleck, turn into a human and sit down "

The Kelpie sighed and said " ok, ok don't get your panties in a knot "

The horse started shrinking and turned a normal human skin color, the hair on his body disappeared. He stood up and sat down in one of the chairs, I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt and I could clearly see he had a nice defined six-pack. Good thing he was wearing pants...no thank god he was wearing pants.