Chapter 14 part I

' He was about to kiss me. ' I thought

Well that was true until Miss Elaine butted her head in. Now I didn't get the answer to my question, or the kiss I was dying to feel.

' Elaine, it would have been best to not come and tell me that the bus left ' I told her in my thoughts

She looked at me angrliy " you both told me clearly when you were about to....get it on "

I asked " wait! what did he say? "

She rasied an eyebrow " he said, to fuck off Elaine. What else would he say? "

I widened my eyes, he still really did like me. Why? and Elaine did say that he stopped because-

why did he stop?

" hey Elaine, on the bus a few days ago. What was it? That you were about to tell me " I asked

She looked confused but gasped " OH, that. You would be in danger if he continued to get close. "

I said " what kind of danger? "

She replied " I don't exactly know but something anceint and evil. Something having to do with you, I really don't know, but if you want me to find out more I can. Would you like me too? "

I nodded my head, I'd rather find out what's happening from Elaine, than anyone else. What about Cali? I didn't see her at all today, maybe she stayed at the nurses office today. Only one person who knew and could tell me.

But he doesn't ride the bus home, his home is far, far, far away from anyone who truly cared. In a place where no one really believed, but I believe and I cared about him. But did anyone else?

....

I unlocked the door to let Elaine in, it was a Friday night. No school tomorrow, wait what about Elaine. Was she permanently going to be staying with us, that would have kind have been cool. Like a protective sister, except not really loving or caring. She was only using me, it's not like we're actually friends, or sisters. Just business partners nothing more.

The first thing she did was drop her backpack on the ground and walk to the kitchen.

Mama had already made dinner which was sitting on the counter. It looked like shrimp and crab bisque, from where I was standing. There were three bowls though and a note.

Elaine picked up the note and looked at me, I looked back at her and questioned

" did you know anything about this? "

Elaine shook her head, then started to read the note out loud.

---------------------------------------------

Dear Elaine and Celeste,

Your father and I are going on a trip to Hawaii for a week. I feel that you two are responsible enough to take care of the house in our absence.

We invited one of your friends over for the night. Try not to have too much fun with him.

-Love Mama and Papa

---------------------------------------------

Even mama considered Elaine part of the family, it's only been a few days since she started to stay with us.

Wait! Did mama say him. Him? Who is him? I don't have any him friends. Wait a sec.....

The doorbell rang, Elaine and I looked at each other then the door. I didn't even hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

I took one more look at Elaine before walking over to the door. I swallowed and unlocked it, a cool breeze blew in the house as I opened the door and glanced at the person staring back at me.

Tingling rushed up and down my spine, into and out of my fingers and toes. My mouth gapped open.

Goddamn it! Why did it have to be him