CHAPTER 32| Scars.

Start from the beginning

"Because.." My voice is just above a whisper. "Oh yeah― the teacher you beat up scared me."

It really didn't. It should have bothered me more, but I just accepted it. I was once a girl that'd been constantly beaten up and trampled over, and so it didn't really surprise me seeing someone beaten up. I'm almost used to it. But it did make me wonder how Aidan learnt to fight like that. Out of everyone in the house, he didn't seem like the type person to beat someone up. It just makes me more wary about trusting them; it makes me rethink what I'd gotten myself into.

"About that.. I'm not― we're not dangerous people, I'm the only one who knows how to fight here, none of them do. Don't worry, I'll never hurt you!" He quickly blurts out.

I raise an eyebrow. Well, that's a lie. I've seen Nicholas and Giovanni fight in the gym a few times. Why's he so nervous, and what the hell is he lying for?

I nod. "That didn't even cross my mind." I lie without a second thought.

He grins and nods, satisfied.

I smile back weakly.

As if on cue, Nicholas comes back in with 2 people. A female and a male. In hospital uniform.

I glance over to Elijah and Elliot.

Elijah gives me that same knowing look, but this time, it's different. I don't get mad or aggravated because I know I won't directly tell him anything. He'll have to figure it out for himself.

Elliott doesn't even look at me. He has his back turned towards me, his face turned away. It shatters my heart all over again. My own brother can't even look at me.

I frown, tears on the brink of spilling. I push them back. After all, it's my fault anyway. And it's understandable.

It just hurts, though. It sends a sharp pang through my chest. If anyone, he was the one I felt protected with, I could tell him everything.

He can't even fucking look at you anymore, Azalea.

Tears blur my vision. I watch as they scurry away, almost as if they never wanted to be here in the first place.

People come close, towards me. I look up at a male doctor. He holds a needle in his hand. It's inserted into me. I suddenly feel a wave of dizziness, and the familiar unwelcoming feeling of unconsciousness greets me once again. Everything turns black, my body goes limp onto the hospital bed.

 Everything turns black, my body goes limp onto the hospital bed

ELLIOTT'S POV:

It hurts.

Seeing my sister on a hospital bed, a tube down her throat. Fluids running through it. Scars, carvings all over her body.

It brought back too many memories.

My mother once looked like this. 8 years ago when we found her on the streets of greece, scars and carvings all over her. Then, we went to the hospital. She had multiple tubes attached to her, she'd been starved and bruised.