39

As Hyunjin and Minho leave the place, the atmosphere inside the car is thick with tension and unease. Minho, his hands gripping the steering wheel, can't help but notice the visible signs of fear and uncertainty etched onto Hyunjin's face. With a growing sense of concern, Minho gently turns to his lover and asks, "Hyunjin, can you tell me more about how you got kidnapped?"

Hyunjin's response carries an undercurrent of suspicion, and he doesn't hesitate to share the unsettling revelation that has been haunting him since the ordeal began. His voice quivers slightly as he explains, "It's Jisung, Minho. He's the one who kidnapped me. But here's the thing: I have this unsettling feeling that someone must have compelled him to do it."

Hyunjin continues to share the unsettling details of his ordeal with Minho, his voice trembling with fear and confusion. "Judah was talking about taking me somewhere, but I didn't understand why or what they wanted with me. Minho, I'm scared. What's happening, and why is this happening to me?"

Minho's grip on Hyunjin's hand tightens, his determination to protect his boyfriend growing stronger with every passing moment. "Don't worry, Hyunjin. I'm here for you, and I'll protect you. You can trust me, okay?"

Hyunjin nods, tears welling up in his eyes and a mix of relief and gratitude washing over him. "I do trust you, Minho."

As they eventually reach their destination, the terpsichore, the fear and uncertainty of the situation still loom over them like a dark cloud. Worry and anxiety settle heavily upon Minho's features. He knows that whatever has transpired is deeply troubling, and he cannot stand idly by. His quick-thinking and protective nature kick in as he proposes a course of action: "We should gather everyone in the canteen. We must piece together what happened here."

Without wasting a moment, Minho takes out his phone and sends out messages to Felix, Changbin, Jeongin, and Jisung, urgently requesting their presence in the canteen. The gravity of the situation requires their collective attention, and he knows that the truth needs to be unravelled. Within mere minutes, the group assembles in the canteen, a mixture of worry and curiosity etched on their faces.

As they all come together, a palpable tension hangs in the air. Felix, unable to hide his relief and concern for Hyunjin, envelops him in a warm embrace, whispering, "Thank goodness you're safe."

Hyunjin offers a reassuring smile to his friend, nodding, "Yes, I'm alright."

Seated around the table, the group anxiously awaits an explanation. Hyunjin's gaze then turns to Jisung, and a heavy silence settles in the room as he poses the unsettling question, "Ji, do you remember anything about kidnapping me?"

All eyes in the room are riveted on Jisung, who appears just as shocked by the revelation as everyone else. His incredulous gasp fills the room as he stammers, "What? I kidnapped you?"

Hyunjin's affirmation is resolute, leaving no room for doubt. "Yes, you did. Please try to remember. What can you recall about last night?"

Jisung struggles to piece together the fragmented memories, his brow furrowing in concentration. He begins with the recollection, "I was in my room, but Felix and Changbin needed some alone time, so Felix suggested I spend the night in your room. I walked downstairs, and that's where I encountered you. You said something to me, but after that, my memory is a blank canvas. The next thing I remember is getting ready for the exam, and we all gathered here, and that's when I received your text saying you'd be late. That's all I can remember."

Hyunjin's disbelief is evident as he counters, "No, Ji, I never met you downstairs."

Minho interjects thoughtfully, offering an alternative explanation that sends shivers down their spines, "What if Jisung encountered someone who looked like Hyunjin?"