8

As the tension falls, Changbin takes a deep breath, feeling a sense of relief. He continues, "Guys, I want to introduce you to Hyunjin." Changbin begins, looking at Minho and Chan with a determined expression. "He's fascinated by your dance. He saw your performance at the contemporary dance class, and ever since then, he can't stop talking about it."

Chan glances at Minho, and they exchange a silent acknowledgement of Hyunjin's interest. "That's great to hear," Chan responds with a smile, making the environment lightweight. "It's always nice to know that our dance has an impact on others."

Changbin nods, but he can sense that Minho is still guarded and tense. Taking a deep breath, he continues, "Hyunjin has expressed a desire to be friends with you both. He's interested in learning more about dance and even hopes to get some pointers from you guys."

Minho's expression tightens, and he responds with a hint of hostility, "We're not looking for any new friendships, Changbin. This is a dance school, and we're here to focus on our training. We don't need to take on the role of teachers for anyone else."

Hyunjin's heart sinks as he feels the hurt and annoyance from Minho's rude response. He had hoped to befriend Chan and Minho, inspired by their dance and wanting to learn from their expertise. However, he is unaware of the deeper reasons behind Minho's reluctance.

Minho's protectiveness towards Chan flares up, and he is determined to shield his friend from potential emotional turmoil. The fear of their shared past and the possibility of history repeating itself add fuel to Minho's anger and guardedness.

But Chan, feeling the weight of Minho's protective nature, can't help but feel anger at being kept from forming a new friendship. He wants the freedom to make his own choices and befriend Hyunjin if he so desires. "I want to be Hyunjin's friend," Chan says firmly, his frustration evident in his voice. "I can help him with dance, and this is my decision to make."

Chan is hopeful that through his newfound friendship with Hyunjin, he can uncover any potential ties to their enigmatic past lover. He sees it as a chance to fill in the missing pieces and understand the secrets that have haunted them for so long. However, Minho's anger still lingers, and he can't shake the fear that history may repeat itself. He worries about the possibility of Chan getting hurt again, and the thought of facing the same pain they once endured terrifies him.

Despite his reservations, Minho chooses to support Chan's decision, hoping that their friendship with Hyunjin will bring healing rather than heartache. In their conflicting emotions, they both tread cautiously, knowing that the truth they seek may hold answers they are not prepared to face.

After Chan's declaration to befriend Hyunjin, the tension starts to ease. Hyunjin and Changbin bid their goodbyes, with Hyunjin saying, "Thanks for accepting my request, Chan. See you tonight for our first dance lesson."

Chan smiles warmly, "Of course! I'm looking forward to it, Hyunjin. See you tonight."

As they leave the dance hall, Minho and Chan find themselves alone again. An awkward silence hangs in the air, both unsure of what to say after their heated argument and the revelation of Chan's intention to befriend Hyunjin.

Minho looks at Chan, his eyes searching for answers amidst the lingering tension. "Are you trying to find Sam in Hyunjin?" Minho asks cautiously, his voice tinged with concern. "Because he's not Sam."

Chan's voice trembles with emotion as he responds, "I know he's not Sam. I'm not trying to replace him or find a replica. It's just that, in all these years, I've felt like a lost wanderer in search of answers. And now, seeing Hyunjin, it's like a glimmer of hope, a possibility that there might be a connection, a clue that could lead me to Sam."