29

Changbin's heart races as he leads Felix through the winding pathways of the backside garden. The air carries the crisp fragrance of blooming flowers, and the moon casts a silvery glow over their surroundings. Glancing at Felix, he holds his hand, fingers intertwined, his emotions oscillating between nervousness and excitement. This is the moment he's been building up to—the moment when he'll bear his heart.

As they arrive at a secluded spot illuminated by the moon, Changbin's grip on Felix's hand tightens. He takes a deep breath, attempting to steady his racing heartbeat. He turns to face Felix, the moon's gentle glow accentuating the earnestness in his expression.

"Felix," Changbin starts, his voice quivering slightly. "Since the first day we met, you've brought an incredible amount of joy into my life. Your laughter dances like a melody, and your smile... It's a masterpiece that has the power to brighten even the darkest days."

Felix's cheeks are coloured with a soft blush, and his wide eyes reflect a blend of surprise and curiosity. He opens his mouth to speak, but Changbin places a finger gently on his lips, silencing him.

"Please, let me finish," Changbin whispers, his gaze unwavering. "Felix, every moment we've shared holds a special place in my heart, and the bond we've formed means the world to me."

Felix's eyes never leave Changbin's, and a smile appears on his face.

"Felix, there's something I want to ask you," Changbin says, his voice more composed now, though his emotions still ripple beneath the surface. "I want to date you. Would you like to spend more time with me?"

Tears gather in Felix's eyes as he gazes at Changbin. He's rendered speechless, his heart too full to find the right words. Slowly, he nods, his voice trembling with emotion. "Yes, Changbin."

A radiant smile lights up Changbin's face, signifying this special moment between them. The moon overhead seems to intensify its glow, illuminating their connection and the promise of a new chapter in their relationship.

As they embrace in the moonlight, their heartbeats synchronize, unaware of the shadowy figure lurking nearby.

~

The night air brushes gently against Felix's skin as he makes his way back to the dormitory. A smile remains plastered on his face, replaying Changbin's heartfelt words over and over in his mind. With each step, his stride feels lighter, and his heart is brimming with happiness.

Yet an unfamiliar sensation prickles his senses, causing a shiver to run down his spine. He scans his surroundings, and an uneasy feeling settles in. Before he can fully grasp the situation, a cloth is suddenly pressed against his mouth, and the world blurs into a dizzying haze.

Panic surges through Felix as darkness engulfs him. He fights against the overpowering dizziness, but his strength wanes, and he slips into unconsciousness.

~

The clock strikes close to 1 a.m., and Hyunjin finds himself in their shared dorm room, restlessly pacing back and forth. His worry grows with each passing minute, his thoughts consumed by Felix's absence. It's unusual for Felix to be out this late, and Hyunjin's concern intensifies as he considers the possibilities.

Finally unable to quell his anxiety, Hyunjin takes out his phone and dials Changbin's number. As the phone rings on the other end, his heart races. Changbin picks up, "Hey, Hyunjin.

"Changbin," Hyunjin starts, his voice betraying his unease, "where are you guys? Where is Felix?"

Changbin's response is quick, but his words send a shiver down Hyunjin's spine. "Hyunjin, we left the garden over an hour ago. Is Felix not with you?"