35

I blinked severally as my mind processed what he just said. How desperate did he think I was.

"Are you serious?" I asked shocked while he maintained a nonchalant expression.

He nodded with a smugness on his face.

"Why would you ask me that?" I was still in denial and confused by his sudden change of attitude towards me.

"Why not?" He smirked. "What do you think a boy and a girl in a relationship do?" He shrugged.

"What changed? You were fine with me and now I feel like you are doing everything to push me away." I hated how my voice came out like a mere cry of desperation.

For the first time I saw a reaction on his face, I might have imagined it but he looked remorseful. However, he was quick to turn away, hiding his face from me.

He exhaled and ran a hand over his hair, "I thought that this could work, but it is proving that we are not compatible or even share similar values." He answered.

I could feel tears forming around my eyes and a lump around my throat almost checking me. Is this how a heart break felt? I hated the pain I felt, pain that I couldn't even take a pain killer to heal it, pain that I couldn't press ice on it to offer relief.

"All this is because I can't cook, clean or wash properly?" It is like my mind did not know when to take a bow and stop seeking for more pain.

"That..." He sighed.

"Why did you ask me to live with you. I thought you loved me?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Love?"

When I thought there was no more room left for hurt, his words prove otherwise.

"I get it now. Expect me to be gone tomorrow." I stated.

And he turned to me surprised like he didn't expect those words from me.

He feign a yawn. "I am tired. I will sleep on the couch."

I didn't fight him. I was too tired and knew at this point he did not want me. I just couldn't tell what changed.

I laid down and turned to face the window while I heard shuffling of things followed by him walking out of the bedroom. I wasn't going to cry because of him. To do so it would mean that I thought of myself less important and that is not how I was brought up. I knew I mattered and just because he did not think so that did not change that fact.

I took my phone and books that were on the floor and just started revising.

****

Leo pov

I lay on the couch staring up into nothingness. I am trying to recollect my thoughts. I know I have bee harsh with her, but it had to be done. I thought it would take a while and even fight it based on how clingy she is. But I am surprised she just let go that easy. Does it hurt my ego? Yes. After all I am Leo Peréz and girls don't just easily leave me. I even thought she was going to agree to the sex just to keep me.

I am shocked that I was blind to that fire in her. She is adamant and seems nothing can sway her from her principles. A character I admire, but either way this had to come to an end one way or another. I thought it would last till the end of the semester.

I dip my hand into the pockets of my jacket and remove a cheque from her father. She doesn't know about it. He gave me on top the cash he gave for the campaign to leave his daughter. Well that was the plan and who am I to refuse money?

The moment I walked into his office it was like he could already tell my intentions with his daughter.

"My daughter tells me that you need support for your campaigns." He beckoned.

I nodded as my eyes travelled to the gun on his desk and I immediately understood the message he was trying to pass to me.

"Is this also enough to leave her?" He waved a cheque on my eyes and the zeros in it were unbelievable. My mind started to calculate all the problems it could solve.

I maintained the calmness in my face. What is it was a test and any wrong answer and he would be using his gun.

"Sir, I care about your..."

"Do you know she is still a minor?" He said in a threatful tone.

I shook my head. I just assumed since she was in university she must be at least eighteen or turning eighteen.

"Her birthday is in two months. She turns seventeen." He said still not sure why he was bombarding me with this information. I was not planning to elope with her. Oh shit! I was living with her, that was grounds for a law suit.

"I will disappear from her life." I finally said as he placed a cheque before me and a bundle of cash.

"The sooner the better." He spoke.

"She will be hurt." I said.

"You are hurting her by being with her. It is all clear you can never love my baby the way she deserves. She will cry and forget you soon." He says his hand resting on the gun.

He was making my work easier but I wasn't going to reveal that.

"If that is what you want." I said.

"It is what she needs." He replied.

I took the money and check, my mind concocting all the ways I would initiate a break up with Prudence.