31

I was engrossed in my studies, when my phone vibrated with a new message notification. It was from Edwin. I opened the message, half-expecting it to be something trivial, but what I read made my heart skip a beat. Prudence was supposed to be at the library, not the annex, and if Python was around her, it could only mean trouble.

I frowned, puzzled. Why would she be at the Annex? And what was Edwin and Python doing there?

My mind raced with questions and doubts. Could Edwin be mistaken? Was he playing a prank on me?

Without hesitation, I grabbed my coat and headed out the door. As I made my way to my truck campus, my thoughts were consumed with concern for Prudence. She was always timid and easily intimidated, and the thought of her being cornered by Python was enough to make my blood boil.

But, most of all i was scared of what Python would say to her, when drunk he would lose his sensibilities.

The ride was not that long. As i drove towards Annex i spotted her walking alone. A series of conflicted emotions rushed through my head. Should i just go back to the apartment and let her find her way back, after all she lied to me. I flashed my lights and she turned towards the source. She stopped walking as i stopped beside her.

"Where..."

"What are you doing here?" She spoke over me.

"You said you will be at the library," I confronted her.

"So now you care about honesty," She spoke back and i was surprised by it. She was always to timid and malleable to bend into any lie i said.

I sigh, "I lied and i am sorry." I said.

She stared at me with no single expression on her face.

"Can we go back at the apartment." I begged.

For a second i thought that she would rebel and i was surprised when she walked to the passengers side and got in.

"Where were you?" she asked.

"I was at the apartment waiting for you until Edwin told me that he saw you here." I stated.

"They don't give good vibes," She spoke in a low whisper afraid of how would perceive her words.

"They are not that bad once you know them," I tried to lie to her.

"I am good at reading people," she said sure of herself her eye found mine briefly and had an epiphany that maybe she knew my intention and i was the one being played.

"Oh my God!" She squealed as she saw the presentation on the table. I had gone of my way to set the apartment for a dinner. I knew that in the morning that i had done wrong and everyone had a limit, including her naïve self. I had never cooked, set up the table for a girl even with Kourtney. Prudence was the first.

"This is me saying sorry and i am a fool," I woe her.

She was smiling, impressed by everything i had put together.

"Do you love it?" I asked.

I was caught off guard as she turned and jumped on me and before i knew what happening her lips found mine and i froze. She sucked on my lip and with her body against mine was all i needed to allow the kiss. This time wasn't like the first time, it was a slow kiss and soon enough we were breathing so hard. She seemed to have become a kiss expert overnight.

I had sworn that i wouldn't let it happen again yet now i couldn't imagine never experiencing this moment again.

She stepped back her face red with embarrassment, "I don't know why i did that," She confessed.

"Come, let's eat." I instructed her.

****

Prudence Pov

I was overwhelmed with embarrassment, feeling as though I wanted to disappear from Leo's sight. Yet at the same time, I wanted to stay with him until dawn. Where did that girl come from? I kissed him! I freaking kissed Leo and i initiated him. I could see my mother's disappointment in her eyes.

A woman of virtue follows a man's lead, never does she take his place. She would say.

However, i did enjoy kissing him more that i expected. I had spent sometime researching how to kiss a boy and did practice it with my pillow. I couldn't tell if Leo liked it or just like our first kiss it was terrible.

"How is the campaign?" I decided to change into a more neutral topic.

"You are looking at the new university president." He stated proudly.

"The elections are in two weeks," I spoke and immediately regretted my words, he probably would think i had no faith in him, I did.

"It is possible if you could do a small favor," He said.

I was puzzled at what help that i could offer Leo, "Favor?" I mumbled.

"Yes, i..." He stuttered surprising me that he could, "Could you ask your father to fund my campaigns?" He enquired surprising me.