28

Prudence Pov

I played with my phone distracting my thoughts from the morning events, or to be precise the disappointing kiss. I don't know how big of a deal it was to Leo, but to me it was everything. A first kiss, just like the first hug was everything dear to me. And i now i felt like it had been stolen from me, even if i could have another kiss and be perfect, it would never be the first.

My phone lit up and i checked the caller. I panicked when i saw it was my mother. It is like she just knew when i did something she wouldn't approve of. I couldn't answer it as i didn't know why she called or where she was. Was she at the hostels and realized i moved? I quickly drafted a message that i was in a group discussion and asked Lydia and Harriet to let me know if she showed up at the hostels.

I sighed and when i looked up i found a woman with a toddler staring down at me. I was inexperienced with using public transport and understanding its code of conduct. I stood giving my seat to the woman with the child. Luckily i was at my destination.

Leo had given me his card to buy all the utensils and some kitchen appliances i needed. I still had unanswered questions on his source of finance. He seemed stable for a student, i could only assume his family was well off though he never spoke of them.

I sucked at negotiating, never had the opportunity to practice it or buy anything for myself. We had a personal shopper and did all those tasks for me. But now i couldn't call her, my father would want to know why i am buying kitchen appliance and i live in school hostels and then he would find out. What would follow would be me being shipped to a catholic nursing school that was just as strict as high school and i would have no voice since i was yet to turn eighteen.

After buying all the items i needed, the store offered me after sale service and transported them to our apartment. Lydia was busy to come help me, but i was happy when Harriet and Natalie came over.

"So how was your night?" Natalie asked as she wiped the plates and placed them on a dishrack.

"Normal." I answered turning to Harriet who had decided to take a break on the kitchen floor. I felt remorseful for asking her to come. I doubted that she had fully healed.

"Oh God, Pru nothing happened isn't it?" Natalie confirmed.

"As it should be, i am standing by my principles."

"Then you have no business living with a man." Natalie said.

"Why? What do you mean?"

"You can't put a sheep and a wolf in the same room and expect they will just play together." Natalie spoke.

"And i am the sheep in this case?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Fortunately for me, Leo is not like you boyfriend." I snapped at Natalie.

"Whoa! men are all the same." Natalie said putting the towel away.

"I agree with her, Pru." Harriet whispered.

I stood and looked between my two roommates. "You are both bitter because of your past experiences." I answered annoyed that from the start they only spoke bad things about Leo.

"I hope you right because if not, this will break you in ways unimaginable." Natalie said.

Her words settled in me and i couldn't shake them away.

Leo Pov

I love you too. I replied back to Kourtney's message.

Today had been a hectic day and decided to unwind it at Annex. I shouldn't have kissed her. I could still her eager face turning into a disappointment as soon as i leaned back. I wanted to kiss her badly, passionately but so far i didn't like how she made me conscious of everything i did.

"Where have you been hiding?" Edwin asked.

I glared at him over my drink, i had not told anyone that i was living with Prudence. I just didn't think it was any of their business.

"Around," I opened another drink for him. Making sure that i marked the crate with counterfeit beers. I sourced them through my mother, none of the students ever realized that the alcohol they so much loved each weekend it was a counterfeit. It made me so much money as the profit margins were high.

"What happened to that goody two shoe girl?" Edwin asked referring to Prudence.

"Why do you care?" I countered.

"Just curious, did you ever get to pop that cherry?" He winked and unfamiliar rage filled me.

"Leave her out of your business," I warned him hoping that this would not lead into more fight.

"I told you that girl will have you tripping, she is the type."

"I still have my head on my shoulders, what are you talking about?"

"You are too defensive about her,"

"Because i know you?"

"You have Kourtney why should you care?"

I pushed my drink away avoiding to think about his question.

"I love Kourtney and i don't care." It is like i was reminding myself a bible verse.

Nathaniel gazed me above his phone, "We should go, Python and Nathan are waiting at the flat." He said.