5. In which I was Prude.

“It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.“
Paulo Coelho

I stared at the lecturer in front of me. All i could see was his lip moving but not a sound of his voice. My mind was lost, Friday's party was still vivid in my mind, one detail dominated, Leo Perez. At some point even the lecturer face transformed to his. I was from my addled world when Lambo Wong was whispering my name.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Shut your mouth, you are drooling" she answered with a smile on her lips.

I patted both my cheeks and chin, true to her words i was drooling. Embarrassed, i wiped it away. I noticed her usual recorder on the table. She was the laziest when it came to writing notes. She would come to class and record the whole lecture session.

That was what dreaming about Leo Perez could do to one.

Lambo Wong was an exchange student from China. Our misery brought us together, lost and alone. We both had not found friends in our course mates. When she sat beside me, the first time. I did not expect her to talk to me. After all she was the only Chinese student in our class, making her very conspicuous. When she did, I was glad. We bonded fast and found out we had so much things alike. As she turned out to be very friendly and funny without trying. We shared just two units, since she was in first year, second semester. Although I wish we had more classes together. With her around time moved too fast.

Monday's i always had one class from eight to ten. I just couldn't wait for it to be over. I intended to pretend i was passing by annex. Maybe i could spot Leo.

Yeah, i asked his name around. I needed to know for my sanity.

When i told Lydia about Leo, she told me to woman up and approach him. I told her i was shy and could not do it.

Without a single trace of humor she said Harriet was shy, but I was far from that, i am just an extrovert that adapted to introvert personality for growing up alone.

"....that will be covered in your continuous assessment test which will be next week" That's when i now heard the lecturer's voice. Confused i looked over to Lambo Wong, crossing my fingers that she had been recording.

This would be my first test in college. I couldn't risk failing it. I knew all the test and exams i would ever do in my entire four years, would be used to classify my degree. I had guaranteed my father that I would graduate with first class owners and a bad start could mean a bad finishing.

I took out my past half life phone to check the time. It was already ten. That was the expected time the lecture was supposed to end. I even started packing my books in my bag pack.

"Let us now move to chapter three." The lecturer continued as she took another pile of clipped papers.

There were murmurs and booing, mine included. People banged their heads and book on the tables frustrated that the lecturer had no intentions of ending the session despite her time being up.

"We have another lecture" The class representative said. She was a tall girl that always seemed busy for her age and had the worst attitude when spoke to. She had nominated and elected herself as the class representative. Since she was the only one thrilled by such position and the responsibilities no eighteen years old would want when the Lecturer asked.

"Yes, " One person shouted from the back. "We have other assignments" Now everyone was talking over each other.

Hello, Hello anybody out there? cause i don't hear a sound
Alone...