8

I listened to Leo and Lydia talk. They talked as if they had known each other in a before life. I was amazed how easy Lydia could turn a simple thing into an interesting debatable topic. While I was severely cracking my head on what I could add to their talk except make it more awkward.

I stole small glances at him. Sipping slowly from his fountain of wonder. From the way his mouth would form when he had an argument to present. The way a small dimple would appear on the corner of his lower lip, when suppressing a smile. The lips. They were plum red, one would think he applied lipstick. Had he? What if I ran finger over them, would they feel soft like they appeared? What if I took a bite off them, would they taste my my favorite plum jam? Whoa. Hold up Prudence, where did that come from.

Maybe I should focus my eyes on something else that doesn't look edible. His face didn't help either. I hung my head low. His hands were resting on the table, covered in a suit. Better.

Not better.

Now I had to wonder. How his arms looked like under the dark material. Did he have tattoos? I had to ponder on how big his biceps were. We're they strong enough to rip....

I caught a movement near my eyes. It took me a moment to realize Lydia was waving frantically for my attention.

"Daydreaming?" she questioned. I felt my body heat up with embarrassment. Did she know about my thoughts?

I took a gulp from my coffee which was now cold.

"How was your first test?" Leo asked.

"It's a touchy subject" I said once I swallowed the lump that almost choked me.

He smiled and didn't peruse the matter further. Wise boy.

"Thanks for the coffee Leo. I have a class in the next thirty minutes, so l'll leave you kids alone"

Lydia was already on her feet. What a liar. She had no class. Just her ploy to get me alone with Leo. Who would keep the conversation going? What was I going to say to him? I was going to bore to death.

I turned to find his eyes trained on me. I looked down at my coffee shyly. Suddenly the coffee seemed more interesting. I continued to stare at it, thinking. What do I say? What do I say? Weather is always a good icebreaker.

"The weather....."

"How are you...."

We all spoke at the same time.

"You go first" I said.

"Ladies first"

"Make this an exception" it was better if he initiated the topic. Maybe it will be more interesting with open ended question, considering mine which may require a single phrase like 'fine'. Leaving no room for further discussion.

"You are a shy one"

"Only to strangers, but once I grow comfortable around someone. You won't believe am the same person."

"You hunted me down, I believe am past a stranger" he smiled.

I felt my body heat up with embarrassment and looked away. What kind a girl pulls a cheap move and hunts down a guy he doesn't know of her existence. A psychotic stalker. I bet that was the reason why my he didn't reply my text messages and my facebook friend request was still pending. I really need to stop throwing things out of proportion.

"Don't over think it. It's just I have never had any girl do what you did. I liked it. I like you"

My head snapped up. Just to confirm that I heard it correct. I was his first stalker and now I hoped I'd be his first in many things. Focus on what's important Prudence. He said he likes you. On your second encounter.