2. In which we met again...and again

Really important meetings are planned by the souls before the bodies see each other, Paulo Coelho.

Fries had become my favorite meal as I found them to be the only tasty food at the cafeteria. It was unbelievable how cheap the meals and had to wonder if the university wasn’t running on losses.

“It is not healthy to eat those every day,” Lydia, my friend and roommate spoke.

“Piss off,” I groaned at her with a hint of humor.

My mother would not let me enjoy such kinds of food but now at college had my freedom and I would eat whatever I wanted and wasn’t about to let anyone change that.

I was about to take my next bite and just then I recognized the guy who was in the queue waiting to be served. quickly bend my head hoping he had not seen me. What was with him? out of all the many many cafeterias spread across the campus, he had shown up at the oneIi was in and the same time.

Lydia noticed, “What’s up with you?” She questioned.

“That is the guy I was telling you about,” I told Lydia, between my teeth in a low tone.

She lifted her head turning to every corner to see who it was.

“The one in a navy blue dress shirt,” I added when her brows contoured in confusion.

She quickly swiveled her head making it obvious to the people in the queue that we were speaking about one of them.

“Don’t make it obvious,” I scolded her.

“He is?” She asked in disbelief her eyes remaining glued on him.

He looked out of place dressed in formal attire. It was a good look if worn to the office.

I nodded, “Wow! are we seeing the same person?” She was still in disbelief.

I nodded once again.

“You should show me your ways,” she smiled. “On your first day and bam! a cute guy is asking you to a party.” She said.

That is why I wanted to stay as far away from him as possible. Such cute guys didn’t go asking just random girls to parties.

Two weeks had passed since the first day I had attended the wrong class and since the guy had invited me to his party which by now had passed. I just didn’t think we would meet again considering the campus had thousands of students and was vast enough to get lost.

“He doesn’t look like a good guy,” I told her.

“Good people, bad people. It is hard to know just from the surface.” Lydia answered.

I looked up again in the queue and the guy was nowhere to be seen. I sighed in relief that he had gone.

“Hey stranger, we meet again,”

Maybe I celebrated too soon, I lifted my head there he was. The soda on his tray explained why I didn’t see him because the beverageware severed on the other side that was behind us.

“Hi..” I nervously replied.

Lydia gave mean an undiscerning look.

WhileIi just blinked up at him, trying to come across as innocent as possible.

“May I?” He pointed at the empty seat.

“Sit.” Lydia sounded overly excited.

He placed his meal on the table and rubbed a tired hand on the back of his neck. He seemed like he had not had enough sleep, probably partying till dawn. He simply looked like the type.