Chapter 123: No Way to Treat a Lady

Start from the beginning

Arguably, the most enraged was Italus. Angry red veins popped from his forehead as he stood up, the ground beginning to crumble under his feet. Behind him Ayami shot to her feet.

"The imbecile! Mitsu has failed!" He declared, pointing outward towards the bleeding girl. "Take her away!"

As guards began swarming the audience and battle grounds, Ayami leaned closer to her father. "She stabbed herself in the specific area that the doctors said to protect. We even added extra protection layers to her armor to ensure nothing harmed it." Her voice was low, but he had heard.

Luffy and Sato tensed at the swarm of guard rushing at them. Carefully placing Katsu on her side, Sato stood up by Luffy. Both released a heavy aura, knocking out most of the guards. Sato wasn't surprised to see the ones still standing included those trained by the Kobayashi family.

"Luffy," Sato spoke, gaining some of the attention from the angry Captain. "The best bet of weakening any of our family is cutting their hair."

The Captain nodded, "Gotcha magic hair need to be cut."

A smile formed on Sato's face. "For once, you're not wrong, Rubber boy."

Both Sato and Luffy attacked the closest guards that hadn't been knocked out with their haki. Though Luffy's arm still refused to stretch, thanks to the sea prism cuff on him.

Sato delivered ground shattering punches, scowling at the guards. "This would have been easier if they hadn't cut off my hair." He mumbled, also silently acknowledging he would have more strength if he had been given some food. Taking on look at Luffy, he called the Captain over. "Give me your arm."

Luffy didn't give it much thought, presenting his arm to the twin. However when the cuff cracked open upon Sato's pulling, a grin formed on Luffy's face as he let out a victory yell.

"Mitsu-" Sato cut off, seeing another guard begin to drag her off by her hair. "Oi! Let her go!"

Two other figures dropped in. The blonde kicking the man in the face, which sent him right into the swords man who easily cut the man in half. Sanji let out a puff of smoke, glaring down at the guard that Zoro had just cut down.

"That's no way to treat a lady." Sanji glared at the remains.

"He got off easy." Zoro scoffed.

Katsu didn't have any fight left in her, so when the guard let go of her hair she began to fall to the ground. If not for Sanji, the artist would have landed on the ground and likely shifted the blade more inside of her. He softly knelt down to the ground, unsure whether he should place her gently on the ground once more or remain holding her to avoid her being taken again.

"It isn't pleasant, but you need to try to keep that right where it is until Chopper can get to you." Sanji spoke softly, his eyes glaring down at the sword stuck inside of her.

Katsu wondered why the pain hadn't numbed yet. She didn't expect to feel this much pain for so long. The pain of being stabbed wasn't on her wish list, even if she was the one who inflicted the wound.

Lying in the chef's arms, more tears began to spill down her face as she reached up to try to push him away. "Leave. I'm the bait damn it. You can all just leave and be safe. Take Sato." Her voice cracked as a sob began to leave her. She knew the tears weren't just from the pain. Seeing how her pushing wasn't doing anything, she gripped at Sanji's shirt meeting his eyes. "Please."

Sanji stared down at Katsu in shock and worry before anger began to take its place. Holding her, seeing her up close, he could make out her bones too clearly. He had been warned, but he had hoped it wasn't true. She had been starved, her and her brother. If he was going from the bruises, she had been hit as well. Even going from her words and actions, he didn't want to mark off mental abuse as well.