Chapter 29

*• July 2013 •*
- NYC, USA -
~< Welcome to New York >~

ADDIE WAS STANDING INSIDE HARRY'S APARTMENT. With her own set of keys, a butterfly keychain hanging from it and everything.

It didn't feel real. Didn't feel right. She felt like a guest inside someone's home, no matter how many times Harry insisted on her using the apartment as if it were her own.

"Baby, if you don't use that apartment, then it'll just be empty for another month," Harry insisted when Addie asked him again if he was really okay with it. "And you didn't ask this of me, I offered, remember?"

"Okay..." Addie half-heartedly agreed on the phone.

Harry sighed. "Look, just imagine... in two years, when you're an adult, we can officially move in together. We'll do the whole thing. This apartment is just a little taste of that. What's mine is yours, okay?"

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach as she envisioned coming home to Harry every day. "I like the sound of sharing my life with you. All of it," Addie admitted.

"I like it too. Now go to my apartment, Heathers."

"Whatever you say, Styles."

Despite the multiple reassurances from Harry, and Addie agreeing with his arguments, once she was inside, she hesitated.

Addie looked around the apartment, which had clearly been furnished by an interior designer, seeing as it was not Harry's style at all (Haha, Harry's style). Which gave her the very strong urge to refurnish his apartment.

Stop getting ahead of yourself, Addie chided herself.

Walking through the hallways and exploring the apartment, to discover all the little nooks and quirks was definitely fun.

It was very evident when Addie got to the room that Harry used, beginning with the doorknob that had little nicks on the side. How Harry had managed to scratch a doorknob, Addie didn't want to know.

But once she stepped in and looked around, it was so Harry.

There was a Fleetwood Mac poster in the corner, along with a poster from when Addie had performed in Madison Square Garden for her Speak Now tour.

Addie smiled to herself as she ran her fingers over the poster. It was heartwarming to know Harry was proud of her and felt the urge to put her poster up next to one of Fleetwood Mac. A compliment of the highest order.

There were bookshelves, with a couple of books that Addie had given to Harry as a gift, under the condition that he'd read them. She looked at the cracked spines, a clear mark that he'd read them, and when she opened one of them up, there were scribbles of pencil in the margins. He thought the book was so deserving of thought, he wrote it down.

Addie put the book back in its place, and looked at the CD's sorted beside them. There were only a few, and some of them looked brand new. Addie noted a post-it stuck to a Dixie Chicks CD, and gently grabbed it.

𝒾 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸, 𝓈𝑜 𝒾 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒸𝒹'𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒