It Isn't In My Blood To Surrender

Start from the beginning

"We were tricked…" Tech looked off to the side straight at Rex who took over. 

"A couple of days ago, I got word from an old ally of mine thought to be dead. Your mate is still alive and being tortured by the Empire, they have figured out how to attack soul bonds and…" Rex stopped himself as the door to the room opened. 

"Captain Rex, sorry to interrupt but you are needed on the bridge. It's a Z-emergency. Commander Wolffe has appeared over the frequencies demanding your attention" 

"Thanks Howzer, I will be right there" Howzer could only nod as he went to leave when he turned to look at the batch. 

"You must be Clone Force 99" 

"We are, now who are you?" Wrecker answered the clone known as Howzer. A familiar aura surrounded him that Hunter could see as he wrapped up Omega who watched with a smile.

"Captain Howzer, we met briefly on Ryloth with the Syndullas. I just forgot to mention that I knew your marksman when he was brainwashed by the Empire" 

"Your point?" Echo lifted an eyebrow. 

Howzer only smiled, "Only that when you got brought up in conversation, he made sure to defer the conversation elsewhere and even lied to his superiors that you were all dead. He made sure you remained dead on the files. So my point is even though he wasn't in the right mind frame with the chips nasty affects and brainwashing. He still made sure to protect your backs even if it did cost him his life. In truth it showed he still loved you all" Howzer grinned walking away leaving them to think over his words.

Silence filtered through the room that Ahsoka was quick to interrupt, "He is still alive. He is being held in a science division of the Empire. There's a mission coming up to rescue the prisoners and…" 

"Soka, why are you telling us this?" Echo spoke up watching Rex re-enter the room, the captain looked exhausted and frustrated which was never a good sign. 

"Because I want you to know that we are planning on rescuing him and if you want nothing to do with him. This is a pre-warning for you to decide what you want to do before…Rex is everything alright?" Ahsoka turned her attention away from the batch to her big brother who was gripping his fists tightly.

"Not really, Cody has been found and he is amongst the prisoners. Wolffe connected with Cody…he's…" Rex just turned around leading to Echo and Ahsoka comforting him while the others turned their heads away thinking over their choice. 

"It would be nice to have him back," Wrecker admitted out loud. Omega could only smile.

"As good as it would be to have him back, it would depend if 'he' is the same Crosshair who betrayed us or the same from before order 66 because the way I see it, he's a goner if…" 

"...he was pregnant before order 66" Omega burst out, cutting Hunter off. 

"What!" Echo turned to face the female clone who just hung her head. 

"Omega, why didn't you tell us?" Hunter asked, gritting his teeth. 

"Because he told me not to. When we were in that cell, his words were disclosed but I got the message" Omega admitted, she looked off to the side. 

"Why would he?" Wrecker turned to Tech like he knew the answer. 

"Because of his miscarriages, think of it this way. Crosshair knows his body and he knows us, so a flicker of hope and his headaches wouldn't have helped his situation. I think Crosshair knew what was going to happen, he had a sixth sense half the time on the battlefield" Echo explained, wrapping an arm around Tech who leaned into him.